[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Kings Point 5-19-2003 by L.L. No. 6-2003. Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purposes of the Village Code of the Village of Kings Point, the following terms, with or without initial capitalization, shall have the meanings indicated unless other definitions are set forth in the particular chapter or provision of the Village Code wherein they are used, or the context in which they appear clearly suggests a different intent:
- BOARD OF APPEALS
- The Zoning Board of Appeals of the Village.
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- The Board of Trustees of the Village.
- BUILDING DEPARTMENT
- The Building Department of the Village.[Added 7-30-2007 by L.L. No. 4-2007]
- BUILDING INSPECTOR
- The officer or other person specifically charged by the Board of Trustees with the administration and enforcement of Chapter 84 of the Village Code or his duly authorized representative. He shall also serve as a Code Enforcement Officer.[Amended 7-30-2007 by L.L. No. 4-2007]
- COMMITTEE OF ARCHITECTURE REVIEW or ARCHITECTURE REVIEW COMMITTEE
- The Committee of Architecture Review of the Village.
- The Mayor of the Village.
- An individual, corporation, limited-liability company, partnership,
limited partnership, business trust, estate, trust, association or any other
legal or commercial entity of any kind or description.[Added 7-30-2007 by L.L. No. 4-2007]
- State of New York.[Added 7-30-2007 by L.L. No. 4-2007]
- The Village of Kings Point. Whenever the term "Village" is used before another designation, such as, but not limited to, Village Attorney, Village Clerk, Village Engineer, or Village Treasurer, it shall mean such officer of the Village.
- VILLAGE CODE
- The Village Code of the Village.
[Added 7-30-2007 by L.L. No. 4-2007]
The words of the masculine gender include the feminine and the neuter and may refer to a corporation, a board, or other body or assembly of persons, or other person, and when the sense so indicates, the words of the neuter gender may refer to any gender.
The words of the present tense shall include the future.
Words in the singular number include the plural, and words in the plural number include the singular.