[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Livonia 7-10-2003 by L.L. No. 1-2003. Amendments noted where applicable.]
This article shall be known as "A Local Law of the Town of Livonia Establishing Rules and Regulations to Determine Annual Property Assessments for the Hemlock Sewer District."
The purpose of this article is to establish rules and regulations that apply to the Hemlock Sewer District which determine, define and implement annual property assessments for properties located within the Hemlock Sewer District.
The following terms shall be defined as follows:
- BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL PARCEL
- Any parcel within the sewer district which is improved by any business or commercial facility having plumbing facilities, and shall include any use not otherwise defined herein.
- One or more persons living together as a common household in a single living quarter.
- IMPROVED PARCEL
- Any parcel with a separate tax map number, within the sewer district, which does not meet the definition of a residential parcel or business/commercial parcel but has a sewer connection.
- MULTIPLE RESIDENTIAL PARCEL
- Any parcel within the sewer district which is improved by a dwelling containing separate living quarters, with separate plumbing, kitchen, and toilet facilities, capable of housing more than one family living independently of each other, whether occupied or not.
- RESIDENTIAL PARCEL
- Any parcel within the sewer district which is improved by a dwelling containing a single living quarter, with plumbing, kitchen, and toilet facilities, capable of housing one family. A residential parcel shall include a home, cottage, trailer and apartment, whether occupied on a seasonal, part-time or yearly basis.
- SEWER CONNECTION
- Any piping system which can transport sewage to the sewer main.
- SEWER MAIN
- Any piping system through which collection of sewage is transported to a treatment plant.
- UNIMPROVED PARCEL
- Any parcel with a separate tax map number, within the sewer district, which does not have a sewer main which can provide a sewer connection to the parcel.
- VACANT IMPROVED PARCEL
- Any parcel with a separate tax map number, within the sewer district, which is not a residential or business/commercial parcel and does not have a sewer connection but has a sewer main which can provide a sewer connection to the parcel.
Sewer charges shall be based upon a determination of the number of improved units, vacant improved units or unimproved units assigned to various parcels in the sewer district as follows:
|Type||Number of Units|
|Improved parcel||1 improved unit per sewer connection|
|Vacant improved parcel||1 vacant improved unit|
|Unimproved parcel||1 unimproved unit|
|Residential parcel||1 improved unit plus one additional improved unit for each sewer connection in excess of 1|
|Multiple residential parcel (includes apartment buildings)||1 improved unit per separate living quarter plus 1 additional improved unit for each sewer connection in excess of the number of separate living quarters|
|Seasonal camps||Seasonal camps shall be counted as a business/commercial nit and shall be assigned improved units as set forth therein|
|Business/commercial||Business/commercial parcels (exempting agricultural operations) shall be assigned improved units based on historical water usage; 27,000 gallons of water per quarter used will be considered one unit. Average of the previous year will be used to determine units. Units will be assigned to the nearest 1/2 unit, there being a minimum one-unit charge|
The owners of all houses, buildings, or structures used for human occupancy, employment, recreation or other purposes (that has bathroom facilities, i.e., toilet or water-closet, or sanitary discharge), situated within the district in which there is now located or may in the future be located a public sanitary sewer of the district are hereby required (at the owner's expense) to connect such facilities directly to the proper public sewer in accordance with the provisions of the Livingston County Water and Sewer Authority rules and regulations so long as such house, building or structure (as distinguished from the property) is located within the district. Such connections shall be made within one year after the date of official notice to do so.