[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Macedon 7-28-1994 as L.L. No. 5-1994. Amendments noted where applicable.]
These regulations apply to and effect all parks under the control, supervision and jurisdiction of the Town of Macedon.
The following terms shall have the meanings indicated in this section:
- LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
- A police officer as defined in § 1.20 of the Criminal Procedure Law; a peace officer as defined in § 2.10 of the Criminal Procedure Law; or any other law enforcement official of the Town of Macedon or any other applicable jurisdiction having authority to enforce the law.
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- Every vehicle that is propelled by any power other than muscular power, except electrically driven invalid chairs being operated or driven by an invalid and vehicles used for park maintenance or emergency purposes by authorized personnel. "Motor vehicles" shall include, but not be limited to, automobiles, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, four-wheel drive vehicles, vehicles equipped for operation in or on sand, mud, snow, gravel or wetlands, dune buggies, motorcycles or minibikes, dirt bikes, golf carts, tractors, lawn mowers or any similar type of vehicle or conveyance.
- The grounds, buildings thereon and waters therein, boat launches, towpaths, trails and any other property necessary for the operation thereof and constituting a part thereof, which is now or may hereafter be maintained, operated, and controlled by the Town of Macedon for public park purposes. The trails of the Macedon Trail System shall not be deemed a "park" for the purpose of these regulations.
- Any individual, firm, partnership, corporation or association of persons, and the singular number shall include the plural.
- RECREATION DIRECTOR
- The duly appointed Recreation Director of the Town of Macedon.
- The Town of Macedon.
- TOWN BOARD
- The Town Board of the Town of Macedon.
[Amended 10-24-1996 by L.L. No. 5-1996]
Except as authorized by the Town Board, no person shall remain, stop or park within the confines of any park between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. In the case of an emergency, or when in the judgment of the Town Supervisor the public interest demands it, any portion of a park may be closed to the public or to designated persons until permission is given to reopen.
Group activities are authorized by permit from the Recreation Director, issued on a first-come-first-served basis. Applicants for permits must be 18 years of age or over and shall agree to be responsible for all damages to the park resulting from the permitted activity, including indemnification of the town from any and all liability. The Recreation Director, as a condition for granting a permit, may require proof of adequate insurance on a security deposit. Failure to abide these regulations shall constitute grounds for denial or cancellation of any permit applied for or issued and denial of application for future permits.
Operation of motor vehicles in any park is prohibited, except where such vehicle is duly licensed by the State of New York and is operated on a roadway, parking area or other location authorized by the Town Board.
Operation of any motor vehicle in any park at a rate of speed in excess of 10 miles per hour is prohibited, unless otherwise posted.
There shall be no parking of vehicles except in areas designated for such purpose.
No person shall engage in activities involving thrown or propelled objects, except in areas designated for such usage.
No person, except law enforcement officers, shall use, carry or possess any firearm within a park.
Except as authorized by the Town Board, no person shall use, carry or possess air or gas guns, slingshots, lawn darts, bows and arrows, missiles or missile throwing devises or other dangerous instruments within the park.
Except as authorized by the Town Board, no person shall use, carry or possess any fireworks or explosive substances within the park.
[Amended 7-27-1995 by L.L. No. 4-1995]
No person shall consume or possess with intent to consume any alcoholic beverage as defined in § 3 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law of the State of New York in a park.
Except as authorized by the Town Board and consistent with state law, no person shall conduct or participate in gambling activities in a park.
No person shall injure, damage, destroy, deface, disturb, remove or befoul any part of a park, nor any building, structure, sign, equipment or other property therein.
No person shall write, paint, mark, carve or otherwise deface any part of a park, including, but not limited to, any tree, bench, building, structure, sign, equipment or other property therein.
No person shall remove, injure or destroy any tree, flower, shrub, rock, mineral or other natural feature within a park.
No person shall bring into, drop, deposit, dump or leave behind any rubbish, garbage, ashes, paper, cardboard, metal cans or other metallic substances, bottles, glassware or any other refuse, waste material or other unwanted material of any kind in a park; except that any such materials resulting from picnics, camping or other permitted activities shall be deposited in receptacles, pits or other containers provided for such purpose.
No person shall abandon any motor vehicle or other equipment or property of any kind in a park.
No person in a park shall discharge into, throw, cast, lay, drop or leave any substance, matter or thing, either liquid or solid, in any river, brook, stream, pond, storm sewer or drain in a park.
Except as authorized by the Town Board, no person shall bring any animal into orpermit, have or keep any animal in a park, except that dogs and cats are permitted if caged or held in control by a leash not more than eight feet long.
No animal shall be left unattended in a park.
Any individuals bringing dogs or cats into a park shall pick up and deposit in proper receptacles all solid waste from said animals.
Persons under the age of 10 years shall be accompanied by an adult over the age of 16 years in a park.
No person shall fail or refuse to comply with any order relating to activities regulated herein or the enforcement of provisions of this chapter, lawfully given by any law enforcement officer.