[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Pleasant Valley 8-15-2001 by L.L. No. 2-2001. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Taxation — See Ch. 86.
The Town Board of the Town previously exercised the option to retain elective Assessors in accordance with the § 1556 of the Real Property Tax Law, as adopted by the Town Board of the Town on June 15, 1971, as Local Law No. 1 of 1971. A new § 328 of the Real Property Tax Law gives the Town Board of the Town the authority to adopt a local law providing for a single appointed assessor pursuant to § 310 of the Real Property Tax Law. The Town Board adopted a local law by resolution, dated July 8, 1992, which provided for the positions of elected assessors to be terminated so as to provide for an appointed Assessor pursuant to the aforementioned Real Property Tax Law, subject to permissive referendum.
The offices of the Assessors of the Town shall no longer be elective offices as provided by Local Law No. 1-1971 and shall, effective January 1, 1993, be an appointed office pursuant to § 310 of the Real Property Tax Law. The terms of the elected Assessors shall terminate effective December 31, 1992.