[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Rockville Centre 3-6-1972 by L.L. No. 1-1972. Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purpose of this chapter, the terms used herein are defined as follows:
- ACTION or PROCEEDING
- Any action or proceeding which may be instituted in the Village Court of the Village of Rockville Centre in connection with an alleged violation of any of the ordinances of the Village of Rockville Centre.
- Any improved real property located within the Village of Rockville Centre which, in whole or in part, is leased.
- Any individual or individuals, partnership or corporation, whether for profit or otherwise, in whose name title to a building stands.
- A summons, or any notice, mandate or other paper or process issued under any provision of the Code of the Village of Rockville Centre.
- VILLAGE CLERK
- Either the Village Clerk or the Village Clerk-Treasurer or any Deputy Village Clerk or Deputy Village Clerk-Treasurer of the Village of Rockville Centre.
Every owner of a building located within the Village of Rockville Centre shall file:
A statement of designation, signed and verified, in the office of the Village Clerk setting forth the name and address, by street and number within the Village of Rockville Centre, of an agent upon whom process may be served in any action or proceeding which may be commenced or instituted against said owner.
A designation, signed and verified, of the Village Clerk as the agent upon whom process against the owner may be served, and the post office address, within or without the Village of Rockville Centre, to which the Village Clerk may mail a copy of any process against such owner served upon the Village Clerk.
Whenever process is served upon the Village Clerk, he shall promptly mail, by certified mail, addressed to the agent named in said designation at the address therein set forth, a true copy of said process.
Attached to such statement and designation shall be a certificate properly certified by the owner that he is the owner of the apartment house with respect to which such statement or designation is filed.
Every owner of a building located within the Village of Rockville Centre shall post, and keep posted, in a conspicuous place in a main public area in said building, a notice, at least six inches by eight inches in size, setting forth:
The name, address and telephone number of the person, firm or corporation responsible for the management of the building.
The name, address, apartment number and telephone number of the resident superintendent of the building.
Whether the building is heated by gas, oil or electricity and if heated by oil, the name, address and telephone number of the supplier thereof.
Exception. In the event that a building is:
The effective date of this chapter shall be September 1, 1972.