ARTICLE IFees (§ 15-1 — § 15-3)
§ 15-3Assessment of fees.
The purpose of this article is to establish fees for geographic information system (GIS) information and services in accordance with C.G.S. § 7-148s.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Compact disc; optical media used to store digital data.
- EXPORT FORMAT
- A form of an original digital data set generally used to transfer data to different computer operating systems or computer applications.
- FLOPPY DISK
- Magnetic media used to store digital data.
- FULL DATA SET
- All GIS Town-wide data sets, excluding topography and ortho-photos.
- PREMADE MAP
- A map available in paper or digital form in advance of a request.
- PROGRAMMING TIME
- Time spent developing a map, filling a GIS data request, changing a data format, developing a GIS computer application, or similar requests.
The fees for geographic information system (GIS) information and services are as follows:
GIS digital data: $100 per megabyte rounded to the next highest $25; $25 minimum. Cost of data is calculated from data in its original format. GIS topography or ortho-photo complete Town-wide data sets: $50 per megabyte when purchased with a full data set.
Programming time: $15 per quarter-hour; $15 minimum. This fee does not apply to a Town-wide data set (or sets in any combination) or to Wethersfield's GIS software's native export format or .DXF export formats for GIS property data or to premade maps.
Media: $10 per CD; $2 per 3 1/2-inch floppy disk.