[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Township of Long Beach 7-18-1980 by Ord. No. 80-24C. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- ADULT BOOKSTORE
- An establishment having as a substantial or significant portion of its stock-in-trade books, magazines and other periodicals and/or motion pictures and other viewing materials which are distinguished or characterized by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing or relating to special sexual activities, sexual conduct or specified anatomical areas, or an establishment with a segment or section devoted to the sale or display of such material.
- ADULT MOTION PICTURE THEATER
- An enclosed building used for presenting material distinguished or characterized by an emphasis on matter depicting, describing or relating to specified sexual activities, sexual conduct or specified anatomical areas for observation by patrons therein.
For the purpose of interpreting and clarifying the definitions of "adult bookstore" and "adult motion picture theater," the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- MOTION PICTURE
- Film or films in which any person is shown, depicted or revealed in any act of sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse.
- SADOMASOCHISTIC ABUSE
- Flagellation or torture by or upon a human being who is nude, clad in undergarments or the condition of one who is nude or so clothed and is being fettered, bound or otherwise physically restrained.
- SEXUAL CONDUCT
- Human masturbation or sexual intercourse between members of the same or opposite sex or between humans and animals, in an act of apparent sexual stimulation or gratification.
No person shall operate any establishment or utilize any premises in the Township of Long Beach as or for an adult bookstore or an adult motion picture theater.