Pursuant to the authority granted to the Village in § 10 of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the Village Board of the Village of Carthage authorizes and empowers the Planning Board of the Village of Carthage to approve plats within the Village of Carthage and to pass and approve the development of plats already filed in the office of the Clerk of Jefferson County if such plats are entirely or partially undeveloped; and the Planning Board is authorized and empowered to approve or disapprove changes in the lines of existing streets, highways or public areas shown on subdivision plats or maps in the office of the Clerk of Jefferson County and in the laying out, closing off or abandonment of streets, highways or public areas under the provisions of the Village and highway laws within the Village of Carthage.
This chapter shall be known as the "Subdivision Control Law of the Village of Carthage."
The purpose of this chapter is to provide for an orderly efficient growth within the community and to afford adequate facilities for the transportation, housing comfort, convenience, safety, health and welfare of its population.
This chapter shall be administered by the Planning Board and the Subdivision Inspector, who shall be the Building and Fire Code Enforcement Officer.
Fees for subdivision reviews shall be as established in the Village of Carthage Fee Schedule, adopted by resolution of the Village Board.
For the purpose of this chapter, words and terms used herein are defined as follows:
- FINAL PLAT
- A drawing, in final form, showing a proposed subdivision, containing all information or detail required by law and by this chapter, to be presented to the Planning Board for approval, and which, if approved, may be duly filed or recorded by the applicant in the office of the County Clerk.
- GENERAL PLAN
- A Comprehensive or Master Plan for the development of the Village, prepared by the Planning Board pursuant to § 7-722 of Village Law.
- OFFICIAL SUBMISSION DATE
- The date on which an application for plat approval, complete and accompanied by all required information, endorsements and fees, has been filed with the Planning Board.
- PLANNING BOARD
- The Village of Carthage Planning Board.
- PRELIMINARY PLAT
- A drawing or drawings clearly marked "preliminary plat," showing the layout of a proposed subdivision, submitted to the Planning Board for approval prior to submission of the plat in final form and of sufficient detail to apprise the Planning Board of the layout of the proposed subdivision.
- SKETCH PLAN
- A sketch of a proposed subdivision to enable the subdivider to save time and expense in reaching general agreement with the Planning Board as to the form of the layout and objectives of this chapter.
- STREET, MAJOR
- A street intended to serve heavy flows of traffic from minor streets or as a business street providing access to business properties.
- STREET, MINOR
- A street intended to serve primarily as an access to abutting residential properties.
- The division of any parcel of land into two or more lots, blocks or sites for the purpose of conveyance, transfer of ownership, improvement, building development or sale. The term "subdivision" shall include resubdivision. A tract of land shall constitute a "subdivision" upon the sale, rental, offer for sale or lease or building development of a second lot thereof within any consecutive three-year period. It is also intended to include within this definition any and all development which would require the installation of such public service structures, infrastructures and utilities as roads and streets, sewer, water, electric and gas mains and laterals, parking lanes and lots and any other installation and/or construction which would or could be petitioned by the owner(s) to be serviced and maintained by the Village or be required to connect with existing Village services.
- SUBDIVISION INSPECTOR
- Any person appointed, designated or otherwise retained by the Village Board to carry out the functions assigned to such person according to this chapter.
- SUBDIVISION, MAJOR
- A subdivision containing five or more lots or any subdivision requiring a new street.
- SUBDIVISION, MINOR
- A subdivision containing two, three or four lots fronting on an existing street.
- ZONING LAW
- The Zoning Law of the Village of Carthage.