Questions about eCode360? Municipal users Join us daily between 12pm and 1pm EDT to get answers and other tips!
Township of Stafford, NJ
Ocean County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Council of the Township of Stafford as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Fire prevention — See Ch. 111.
[Adopted 8-21-1984 by Ord. No. 84-54]
No insurer issuing fire insurance policies in the State of New Jersey, which issues or renews any fire insurance policy after the adoption of this article, and the filing of same with the State Commissioner of Insurance, shall pay to any claimant a sum in excess of $2,500 for fire damage on any real property located within the Township of Stafford until such time as:
All taxes and assessments and all other municipal liens and charges due and payable to the Township of Stafford, as are indicated on an official certificate of search for municipal liens, shall have been paid in full: or
The municipality submits to the insurance company a copy of a resolution adopted pursuant to N.J.S.A. 17:36-11.
However, if an appeal is taken on the amount of any lien or charge, other than an appeal on an assessed valuation of real property, the insurance company shall issue a draft payable to the court of record pursuant to N.J.S.A. 17:36-10 in an amount totaling 75% of the full amount of the lien or charge being contested, and the insurance company shall issue a draft payable to the municipality for the remaining 25% of the lien or charge being contested; provided, however, that the amount paid by the insurance company to the court and the municipality shall not exceed the proceeds payable under its insurance policy.
The provisions of this article are intended to be interpreted in conjunction with N.J.S.A. 17:36-8 through N.J.S.A. 17:36-13, as amended. The provisions of said statutes are herein incorporated by reference.