The words and phrases used in this chapter shall, for the purposes of this chapter, have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by Article 1 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York.
The following words and phrases, which are not defined by Article 1 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York, shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this section for the purposes of this chapter:
- The prolongation of the lateral line of a curb or, in the absence of a curb, the lateral boundary line of the roadway.
- Fully automatic traffic control signal.
- New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- OFFICIAL TIME STANDARD
- Whenever certain hours are named herein or on traffic control devices, they shall mean the time standard which is in current use in this state.
- PARKING METER ZONE
- A designated location upon or within which the parking of vehicles is regulated by parking meters.
- PUBLIC PARKING LOT
- A plot or parcel of land or building owned and/or leased by this Village, not including highways, upon or within which the parking of vehicles is regulated by signs and/or parking meters.
The Superintendent of Highways and Streets shall install and maintain traffic control devices when and as required under the provisions of this chapter, to make effective the provisions of this chapter, and may install and maintain such additional traffic control devices as he may deem necessary to regulate, warn or guide traffic pursuant to the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York, subject to the provisions of §§ 1682 and 1684 of that law.