[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510]
The approval provisions of this chapter shall be administered by the Planning Board of the Borough of Hawthorne.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- DRAINAGE RIGHT-OF-WAY
- The lands required for the installation of stormwater sewers
or drainage ditches or required for preserving the channel and providing
for the flow of water therein to safeguard the public against flood
damage in accordance with N.J.S.A. 58:1A-1 et seq.[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510]
- FINAL PLAT
- The final map of all or a portion of the subdivision which
is presented to the Planning Board for final approval in accordance
with this chapter and which, if approved, shall be filed with the
proper county recording officer or by deeds affirming the subdivision
(original and six copies for execution by the Chairman and Secretary).[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510]
- MAJOR SUBDIVISION
- All subdivisions not classified as minor subdivisions.
- MASTER PLAN
- A composite of the mapped and written proposals recommending
the physical development of the municipality which shall have been
duly adopted by the Planning Board and includes the updates thereof.[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510]
- MINOR SUBDIVISION
- Any subdivision containing not more than three lots fronting on an existing street, not involving any new street or road or the extension of municipal facilities, not adversely affecting the development of the remainder of the parcel or adjoining property and not in conflict with any provision or portion of the Master Plan, Official Map, Chapter 540, Zoning, of the Code of the Borough of Hawthorne, this chapter or MULA.[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510]
- OFFICIAL MAP
- A map adopted in accordance with the Official Map and Building Permit Act, Chapter 434 of the Laws of 1953 or any prior act authorizing such adoption. Such a map shall be deemed to be conclusive with respect to the location and width of the streets, public parks and playgrounds and drainage rights-of-way shown thereon.
- Any individual, firm, association, syndicate, copartnership
or corporation, trust or other legal entity having a proprietary interest
in the land sought to be subdivided, such as a contract purchaser.[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510]
- PERFORMANCE GUARANTY
- Any security which may be accepted in lieu of a requirement that certain improvements be made before final approval of a plat, including performance bonds, escrow agreements and other similar collateral or surety agreements.
- The map of a subdivision.
- PRELIMINARY PLAT
- The preliminary map indicating the proposed layout of the subdivisions which is submitted to the Zoning Administrator for Planning Board consideration and tentative approval in accordance with this chapter and meeting the requirements of Article III of this chapter.[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510]
- SKETCH PLAT
- A sketch of a subdivision of sufficient accuracy to be used for the purpose of discussion and classification under Article II of this chapter and meeting the requirements of Article III of this chapter.
- Any street, avenue, boulevard, road, lane, parkway, viaduct, alley or other way which is an existing state, county or municipal roadway or a street or way shown upon a plat heretofore approved pursuant to law or hereafter approved under this chapter or a street or way on a plat duly filed and recorded in the office of the county recording officer prior to the appointment of a Planning Board and the grant to such Board of the power to review plats, and includes the land between the street lines, whether improved or unimproved, and may comprise pavement, shoulders, gutters, sidewalks, parking areas and other areas within the street lines.
- Any individual, firm, association, syndicate, copartnership, corporation, trust or any other legal entity acting under this chapter to effect a subdivision of land hereunder for himself or for another.
- The division of a lot, tract or parcel of land into two or more lots, sites or other divisions of land for the purpose, whether immediate or future, of sale or building development; except that the following divisions shall not be considered subdivisions; provided, however, that no new streets or roads are involved: divisions of land for agricultural purposes where the resulting parcels are three acres or larger in size, divisions of property by testamentary or intestate provisions or divisions of property upon court order. "Subdivision" also includes resubdivision and, where appropriate to the context, relates to the process of subdividing or to the lands or territory divided.
- SUBDIVISION COMMITTEE
- A Committee of at least three Planning Board members appointed by the Chairman of the Board for the purpose of classifying subdivisions in accordance with the provisions of this chapter and for other duties relating to land subdivision as may be conferred on this Committee by the Board.
Editor's Note: See N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.