[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Commissioners (now Municipal Council) of the Borough of Hawthorne 8-30-1950 by Ord. No. 927 (Ch. 205 of the 1989 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following words, when used in this chapter, unless a different meaning appears from the context, shall have the meanings herein given to them:
- The Borough of Hawthorne.
- CAMP COTTAGE
- Any building or structure used as living or sleeping quarters in connection with any trailer camp.
- Includes a corporation, firm, partnership and association, as well as an individual.
- SQUATTERS CAMP
- Any plot of ground, tract or parcel of land where the occupant settles on unoccupied land without right, title or permission and uses a trailer as living or sleeping quarters.
- Any trailer, automobile trailer, trailer coach, house car or camp car, as such words are hereinafter defined.
- TRAILER CAMP
- Any trailer camp, tourist camp, trailer court or trailer park, as such words are hereinafter defined.
- TRAILER CAMP, TOURIST CAMP, TRAILER COURT, TRAILER PARK
- Any park, camp, site, lot, plot, parcel or tract of land designed, maintained or intended for the purpose of supplying a location or accommodations for any trailer, and all camp cottages used or intended for use as part of the equipment or facilities thereof, whether or not a charge is made for the use thereof or its facilities, except that this definition shall not apply to automobiles or trailers sales lots on which unoccupied trailers are parked for inspection and sale.
- TRAILER, AUTOMOBILE TRAILER, TRAILER COACH, HOUSE CAR, CAMP CAR
- Any vehicle or structure so designed and constructed in such a manner as will permit occupancy thereof as living or sleeping quarters for one or more persons and so designed and constructed that it is or may be mounted on wheels and used as a conveyance on streets or highways, propelled by its own other motive power, excepting any device used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks.
Whenever in describing or referring to any person, party, matter or thing any word importing the singular number or the masculine gender is used, the same shall include and apply to several persons or parties as well as one person or party and to females as well as males and to several matters and things as well as one matter or thing.
It shall be unlawful for any person to establish, use, operate or maintain a trailer camp, camp cottage or squatters camp, when used as living or sleeping quarters, within the Borough.
[Amended 12-20-1989 by Ord. No. 1510; 6-6-2007 by Ord. No. 1902-07]
Any person who shall violate or fail to comply with any provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by a fine not to exceed $2,000 or imprisonment for a term not to exceed 90 days or a requirement to perform community service for a period not to exceed 90 days; and each day that a violation is permitted to exist shall constitute a separate offense.