[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Supervisors of the Township of Shirley as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Code enforcement — See Ch. 108.
[Adopted 3-31-2011 by Ord. No. 2011-2]
The following terms whenever used or referred to in this article shall have the following meaning unless the context specifically indicates otherwise:
- Any agreement which gives rise to the relationship of landlord and tenant or lessor and lessee, whereby a person is granted use and enjoyment over the real property of another for consideration.
- OWNER(S) OF REAL PROPERTY
- Real estate or real property owners of record in accordance with the property records of Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania.
- Every natural person, firm, association or corporation.
- Compensation for use or occupation of real property of another.
Owners of real property situate in the Township of Shirley who rent or lease any parcel of real estate in whole or in part to any other person or persons are required to file with the designated Tax Collector a list of all such persons who rented real estate from the owner during the preceding six-month time period.
The certified list shall include the name and last-known address of each person 18 years or older who resided in said rental real estate for all or a portion of said six-month period. The list shall be filed semiannually on a form supplied by the Township. The deadlines for said semiannual filing shall be March 31 and September 30 of each and every calendar year.
For the purpose of this article, the fact that the owner of real property rents or leases any property for minimal rent, for no rent or for services in lieu of rent to another person shall not exclude said owner from filing the certified list required in § 204-2.
Every owner of real property who fails to so comply with the requirements of this article will, upon conviction, be guilty of a summary offense and be liable for a fine not to exceed $500. For the purpose of this article, every day that an owner of real property is late in filing of the certified list as required above shall constitute a separate offense.