Unless specifically defined below, words or phrase used in this chapter shall be interpreted so as to give them the meaning they have in common usage and to give this chapter its most reasonable application.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- AERSOL PAINT CONTAINER
- Any container, regardless of the material from which it is made, which is adapted or made for the purpose of spraying paint, undercoating, insulation, or other such substance.
- The City of Bridgeton.
- A collective term that embodies all costs related to the prosecution and conviction of persons charged with the application of graffiti, as well as the cost of its removal. Examples include (but are not limited to) court cost, attorney's fees, law enforcement costs incurred by the City to identify and apprehend those who created, caused, or applied the graffiti; and the cost to repair or remediate the defaced property.
- ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
- Any City employee, or contract agent, authorized to enforce the provision of this chapter.
- Any inscription, word, symbol, figure, marking, or design that is marked, etched, scrawled, stained, drawn, painted, stuck on, or adhered to any surface (or structure) on public or private property visible from a public street right-of-way (or public building) without the expressed permission of the owner or the owner's agent. This includes (but is not limited to) any building, structure, or other improvement whether permanent or temporary regardless of the content or nature of the material applied.
- PROPERTY OWNER
- Any person, partnership, corporation, or other entity who owns, possess, occupies, or otherwise has responsibility for the repair or maintenance of real property.
- REMOVAL NOTICE/ORDER
- A written document sent to a property owner by certified (and regular) mail that specifies an action to remove graffiti from the owner's property.
- Any physical item within the city limits including (but not limited to) buildings, walls, underpasses, trestles, trees, fences, poles, signs, posts, railings, playground apparatuses, benches, tables, fixtures, waste containers, utility boxes, sidewalks, streets, and cargo/shipping containers.