This chapter will be known as the "Village of Buchanan Environmental Quality Review Law."
The purpose of this chapter is to implement, for the Village of Buchanan, the provisions of the State Environmental Quality Review Act and the State Environmental Quality Review Regulations, thereby incorporating environmental factors into existing planning and decisionmaking processes.
This chapter is adopted under authority of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the State Environmental Quality Review Act and the State Environmental Quality Review Regulations.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Environmental assessment form.
- Environmental impact statement.
- STATE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY REVIEW ACT (SEQR)
- Article 8 of the Environmental Conservation Law, which is Chapter 43-B of the Consolidated Laws of the State of New York.
- STATE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY REVIEW REGULATIONS (PART 617)
- Part 617 of Title 6 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York.
All other terms for which definitions are given in SEQR and/or Part 617 have the same meanings in this chapter.
All agencies, boards, departments, offices, other bodies or officers of the Village of Buchanan must comply with SEQR, Part 617 and this chapter, to the extent applicable, prior to carrying out, approving or funding any action, other than an exempt, excluded or Type II action.