Collier Township Municipal Authority, PA
Allegheny County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Collier Township Municipal Authority 11-13-2008. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Installation and reading of credit meters — See Ch. 35, Art. I.
Application forms — See Ch. A300.
Deduct (credit) meters may typically be used in the case of the installation of a lawn sprinkling system, heavy-use swimming pools, or commercial or manufacturing facilities.
Any application for a deduct meter must be approved by ALCOSAN. [The deduct meter application procedure and application form are available on the Collier Township Municipal Authority ("Authority") website.] ALCOSAN does not currently charge, but may charge the customer for the processing and initial inspection involved in the approval of the deduct meter.
Currently, ALCOSAN has waived the annual reading fee for each deduct meter because the reading procedure is now the responsibility of the Authority.
To qualify for a deduct meter, property owners must do the following:
Have the deduct meter installed at their own cost according to ALCOSAN/Authority specifications.
Submit an application to the Authority. The Authority will forward the application to ALCOSAN to secure ALCOSAN's approval.
Pay any and all charges established by ALCOSAN for the processing of the application and inspection of the installation.
Install a separate, independent reader on the outside of their structure and mark the auxiliary as follows: "CTMA deduct meter."
Annually, property owners will receive a form provided by the Authority that allows them to self-read the deduct meter. This form will generally be mailed in October of each year.
The failure of the property owner to submit, in writing on the Authority form, the meter readings on or before October 31, or other due date set, shall be treated as full and complete waiver of any credit due or owing the property owner for that current year and any prior years.
The Authority will process the application for credit, will deduct the annual charge(s) as established by the Authority for account maintenance and processing, and will issue a check to the property owner for the difference. If the Authority annual charge exceeds the credit amount, the property owner will receive an invoice for the amount owed. The credit applies only to the water usage as determined by physical inspection of the meter.
A property owner may discontinue the deduct meter by notifying the Authority in writing. Once discontinued, a fee will be charged for reinstating participation in the deduct meter program and for a physical reading of the meter by Authority personnel.
Deduct meter reading must be submitted prior to the issuance of any municipal lien letter for the sale, refinancing, or transfer of the property in question.