Town of Addison, WI
Washington County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
[Adopted 6-18-1987 by Ord. No. 6-87B]
[Amended 5-21-2015 by Ord. No. 2015-02; 4-21-2016 by Ord. No. 2016-04]
The final approval of a plat or certified survey map shall not constitute the acceptance of the roads in the plat by the Town. All new roads in subdivisions or shown on certified survey maps in the Town of Addison shall be constructed in accordance with, shall be in conformity with good road construction practices, and shall meet the requirements set forth in the Town of Addison Land Division Ordinance.[1]
Road standards and road construction specifications are provided in the Town of Addison Land Division Ordinance. (See Chapter 240.)
Culverts. No construction shall commence on any lot until the culvert, if required, has been installed. Culverts shall be furnished and installed by the developer.
Editor's Note: Said ordinance is on file in the Town Clerk's office.
[Amended 5-21-2015 by Ord. No. 2015-02]
After construction of roads, per the developer's agreement, the owner shall request an inspection of the same by the Town Board or its designated representative. After inspection, the Board may request such other information as it deems necessary. If all requirements of the developer's agreement, the Land Division Ordinance and any applicable state or county statutes, codes or ordinances have been met, the Board shall accept said roads and improvements.
[Amended 6-18-1992 by Ord. No. 6-18-92B; 5-21-2015 by Ord. No. 2015-02]
No final plat shall be accepted by the Town until the roads and other improvements as required by this article have been fully completed. No certified survey shall qualify for a sanitary, building, and zoning permit until improvements as required by this article have been fully completed and the Town Board accepts said improvements in writing with a copy sent to the County Planning and Parks Department.
The Town Board, upon showing of severe hardship or exceptional circumstances, may grant a variance from the provisions of this article with reference to grades and pavement widths. To obtain a variance the developer or owner shall submit a written petition to the Board requesting the variance and giving the reasons therefor. Upon receipt of the petition, the Town Clerk shall schedule a public hearing for the petition which hearing shall be held at a regular Town Board meeting. The cost of publication of the notice of hearing shall be charged to the subdivider. The Board shall, after the public hearing, in its sole discretion, grant or deny such variance.