City of Hazelwood, MO
St. Louis County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[CC 1997 §1.9; Ord. No. 878, 11-17-1971]
The City Manager is hereby authorized to sell or dispose of any unclaimed property in the possession of the City. Prior to disposition of such property, the City Manager shall advertise at least fifteen (15) days prior to the sale, the items to be sold or otherwise disposed of. Such advertisement shall be placed in the newspaper used by the City for its legal advertisements and such advertisement shall also be inserted in a newspaper generally available to the citizens of Hazelwood. All such unclaimed property shall be held by the City for at least six (6) months prior to any sale. Such sales shall be public and on such terms and conditions as set forth by the City Manager. Such sales shall be for cash and all funds received therefrom shall be deposited in the general funds of the City of Hazelwood.
[CC 1997 §1.10; Ord. No. 1162-76, 2-18-1976]
The Council may, at its discretion, waive the payment of any and all license and permit fees required to be made herein by non-profit and charitable organizations under such regulations and requirements as the Council deems reasonable and necessary.
[CC 1997 §1.11; Ord. No. 1359-79, 9-5-1979]
The City Manager is hereby authorized to execute and record a deed of release, or such other document as is deemed necessary, to release temporary construction easements granted to the City in connection with the construction of any streets, highways, sewers, or other public improvements with the City, at the termination of the construction and acceptance by the City.
[CC 1997 §1.12; Ord. No. 1465-81, 3-18-1981]
The City shall offer legal assistance to its present and past officers and employees who are defendants in any cause of action resulting from or alleged to have resulted from an error or omission while in the performance of their official duties.
The City may provide by insurance, protection to such officers or employees for legal costs and recovery as the City Council shall determine.
Any such officer or employee may request independent legal advice or representation. Any cost to the City shall be subject to the approval of the City Council.
Editor's Note—Ord. no. 3261-01 §1, adopted on June 6, 2001, repealed section 100.120, setting out new provisions in art. III of this chapter. Former section 100.120 derived from CC 1997 §1.13; ord. no. 2523-94, 4-6-1994.