[Ord. No. 4 §1, 8-19-1966; Ord. No. 2014-27 §1, 8-26-2014]
For the purposes of this Chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings given herein:
- COMMERCIAL DUMPSTER
- Any front-end loading or roll-off container exceeding ninety-six (96) gallons in gross volume, which is used to store solid waste, rubbish or trash from commercial establishments and which is emptied by mechanical means.
- COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS
- Any public or private place, building, and/or enterprise devoted in whole or in part to a business enterprise whether non-profit or profit-making. Multifamily establishments such as condominiums, townhomes, patio homes, apartments and other such facilities used for residential purposes containing five (5) or more residential living units under one (1) roof are commercial establishments for purposes of this Chapter.
- The scattering or dropping of rubbish or trash on other matter.
- Any type of debris or rejected matter.
- SOLID WASTE
- Sludge unregulated under the federal Clean Water Act or the Clean Air Act, or garbage, rubbish, special waste or other discarded material, including solid, liquid, semisolid, or contained gaseous material resulting from domestic, industrial, commercial, agricultural or governmental operations.
- Worn out, used, broken up or worthless matter or material.
- TRASH CONTAINER
- Any metallic or plastic container of ninety-six (96) gallons or less in gross volume which has a close-fitting cover.
[Ord. No. 4 §2, 8-19-1966]
It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, association or corporation to drive, move or propel a vehicle, or to allow a vehicle owned by such person, firm, association or corporation to be driven, moved or propelled in such a manner as to cause to be spilled, dropped or jostled onto any street, highway, thoroughfare, sidewalk or other public place in the City of Lake Ozark, any trash or rubbish, or to load or allow a vehicle to be so loaded so that the contents, or any portion of the contents of such vehicle shall be spilled, dropped or jostled from such vehicle. Vehicles, including trucks loaded with or transporting any construction material, dirt, earth, clay, stone, macadam, brick, paper, cement, sand, fuel, coal, wood, refuse or garbage shall be loaded and the vehicle shall be in such condition so that none of the contents shall be loosed or spilled along the route which the vehicle is traveling.
[Ord. No. 4 §3, 8-19-1966]
It shall be unlawful for any person to throw or cause to be thrown, or permit anyone in his/her employ to throw, onto any public highway, thoroughfare, street, sidewalk, or other public place any kind of wire, scrap paper, or any ashes, cans or glass of any character, or animal, vegetable or any other substance whatever, or any type of advertising matter, or to distribute or cause to be distributed, or permit anyone in his/her employ to distribute, any type of advertising matter in a manner as to cause the littering of any public highway, thoroughfare, street, sidewalk or other public place. It shall further be unlawful for any person to sweep or cause to be swept, or cause anyone in his/her employ to sweep, from any store, office, warehouse, factory, hotel or any other building, occupied in whole or in part for commercial purposes, any refuse or dirt from such building onto any public highway, thoroughfare, street, sidewalk, or other public places in the City of Lake Ozark.
[Ord. No. 4 §4, 8-19-1966]
It shall be unlawful for any person operating a vehicle or being a passenger in any vehicle to throw or cause to be thrown from such vehicle onto any public highway, thoroughfare, street, sidewalk or other public place in the City of Lake Ozark any rubbish or trash, fruit or fruit particles, wrappers, containers, papers, paper products, bottles, glass, cans, hulls, and handbills, confetti, shavings, shells, stalks, animals, cloth or any other material of any kind which would render such public highways, thoroughfares, streets, sidewalks, or other public place unsightly, unsafe, unclean or unsanitary.
[Ord. No. 4 §5, 8-19-1966]
Any person, firm, association or corporation who violates any of the provisions of this Chapter shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be fined not less than five dollars ($5.00) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each offense.
[Ord. No. 2014-27 §1, 8-26-2014]
No person shall place or locate, or permit another to place or locate, any commercial dumpster on any City property or rights-of-way of the City, County or State within the corporate limits of the City of Lake Ozark. Existing and operating commercial establishments utilizing commercial dumpsters for the storage of solid waste, rubbish or trash shall have sixty (60) days from the date of this Section to fully comply.
Except as otherwise provided in Subsection (C) of this Section, no person shall place or locate, or permit another to place or locate, any trash container on any City property or rights-of-way of the City, County or State within the corporate limits of the City of Lake Ozark.
Any solid waste, rubbish or trash stored in a trash container for collection may be placed curbside on collection day, no sooner than 6:00 P.M. the day prior to collection. The trash containers shall be removed as soon as possible after collection, but no later than 6:00 P.M. on collection day. All trash containers shall be placed adjacent to but not in the street or within five (5) feet thereof but not in such a way as to block pedestrian traffic.