[CC 1988 §42.250; Ord. No. 578 §1, 10-17-1988]
This Section contains the regulations for "SR1" and "SR2" Single-Family Districts. The "SR" Districts are intended to provide criteria for the development of those portions of the planned community of Lake Saint Louis designated for single-family detached residences. Further, the "SR" Districts are intended to preserve the character of existing predominantly single-family residences while at the same time allowing for the in-fill construction of new units if in substantial conformance with surrounding residences.
[CC 1988 §42.260; Ord. No. 578 §1, 10-17-1988; Ord. No. 754 §2, 5-6-1991; Ord. No. 1226 §1, 10-6-1997; Ord. No. 3056 §2, 4-16-2012]
Special Permit Uses.
Licensed amateur radio station antennas which are tower mounted or which feature yagi antennas and all other antennas not specifically addressed below or in Section 420.100, paragraphs 11 and 12 will be permitted only with the issuance of a special use permit, with full consideration being given to the provisions of FCC PRB No. 1 (Pre-emptive Regulatory Bulletin No. 1).
[CC 1988 §42.270; Ord. No. 578 §1, 10-17-1988; Ord. No. 729 §1, 12-17-1990; Ord. No. 819 §1, 8-17-1992; Ord. No. 1274 §1, 3-2-1998]
Minimum Lot Area. The minimum lot area in the "SR1" District shall be fifteen thousand (15,000) square feet, in the "SR2" District shall be nine thousand (9,000) square feet and "SR3" District shall be one (1) acre.
Minimum Yard Requirements. The minimum yard requirements for the "SR1", "SR2" and "SR3" Districts shall be as follows (except plats of record prior to March 21, 1978):
Minimum Lot Dimensions. The minimum lot width shall be (in the "SR1" and "SR2" Districts) seventy (70) feet at the front building line and eighty (80) feet at the lake-front property line (if any). "SR3" Districts shall be one hundred (100) feet at the front building line and one hundred (100) feet at the rear of a lake lot (except plats of record prior to March 21, 1978).
The height of any structure on a lot in a single-family district shall be limited to two (2) stories or thirty-five (35) feet unless otherwise approved by the Architectural Review Board during a site plan review. Providing such review and approval will service the health, safety, welfare, order and convenience of the surrounding area and conform to the following criteria.
Minimum Floor Area Per Dwelling Unit.
- That portion of a building which is partly above and partly below grade but having more than one-half (½) of its wall surface above grade.
- That portion of a building which is below grade or partly above and partly below grade but having more than one-half (½) of the wall surface below grade.
- Real estate, portions of which are designed for separate ownership and the remainder of which is designated for common ownership solely by the owners of those portions. Real estate is not a condominium unless the undivided interest in the common elements are vested in the unit owners.
- ENCLOSED FLOOR SPACE
- The square footage computation of the residence enclosed and finished for all-year occupancy computed on outside dimensions. This shall not include nor mean the following:
- FINISHED FOR YEAR-ROUND OCCUPANCY
- The heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and plumbing system proposed for the space be complete and operable. In addition, all interior walls shall be complete excluding painting and/or decorative finishes.
- GOLF COURSE LOT
- A lot with a portion of its property line abutting a golf course.
- LAKE LOT
- A lot with a portion of its property line abutting a lake.
- The building exclusive of garage and basement, which has more than one (1) finished level. This shall include such architectural styles as split level, split foyer, tri-level or multi-level floor plans.
- That portion of a building included between the surface of any above grade floor or basement and the surface of the next floor above it. If there be no floor above it, then the space between such floor and ceiling next above it.
- WALKOUT BASEMENT
- That portion of a building which is partly above and partly below grade but having more than one-half (½) inch wall surface above grade.
Square footage requirements. For the purpose of determining square footage of enclosed floor area for single-family detached dwelling units on:
Recorded plats as of March 21, 1978. In areas of recorded plats, recorded prior to March 21, 1978, in which seventy-five percent (75%) of the lots contain less than ten thousand (10,000) square feet, more specifically identified as follows: Lakewood I, III, IV and V, Bridlespur and Oakhill, the following minimum standards expressed in square feet shall prevail for the various style floor plans:
Same, with "zero lot line". In areas platted prior to March 21, 1978, and subject to a "zero lot line" development concept, more specifically identified as Patio Cove I, II and III, and Patio Green, the following minimum standards expressed in square feet shall prevail for the various style floor plans:
[CC 1988 §42.280; Ord. No. 578 §1, 10-17-1988]
All single-family detached dwelling units shall have a minimum two (2) car garage.