[R.O. 2006 §707.010; Ord. No. 01-019 §2, 3-19-2001; Ord. No. 11-017 §1, 6-20-2011]
It is determined and declared to be necessary and conducive to the protection of the public health, safety, welfare and convenience of the City to collect charges from all users who use the municipal water system. The proceeds of such charges so derived will be used for the purpose of operating, maintaining and retiring the debt for such public water system.
[R.O. 2006 §707.020; Ord. No. 01-019 §2, 3-19-2001; Ord. No. 11-017 §1, 6-20-2011]
Unless the context specifically indicates otherwise, the meaning of terms used in this Chapter shall be as follows:
- The Board of Aldermen of the City.
- The City of Ozark, Missouri
- MUNICIPAL WATER SYSTEM
- Any devices and systems for the storage, treatment, recycling and distribution of water that have been dedicated to the City or constructed by the City and maintained by the City. It is defined as the area where the municipal water system is available to provide water service. These include transmission and distribution lines, individual systems, pumping, power and other equipment and their appurtenances; extensions, improvements, remodeling, additions and alterations thereof; elements essential to provide a reliable water supply such as standby treatment units and any works, including site acquisition of land
- OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
- All expenditures during the useful life of the system for materials, labor, utilities and other items which are necessary for managing and maintaining the system to achieve the capacity and performance for which system was designed and constructed.
- Expenditures for obtaining and installing equipment, accessories or appurtenances which are necessary during the useful life of the water system to maintain the capacity and performance for which such works were designed and constructed. The term "operation and maintenance" includes replacement.
- Is mandatory; MAY — Is permissive.
- USEFUL LIFE
- The estimated period during which the water system works will be operated.
- Any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, the Federal or State Government, or any unit, agency, political corporation or subdivision of either the Federal or State Government, or other agency receiving water services, or to whom water services are made available from the City's facilities pursuant to a written water user's agreement.
- USER CHARGE
- That portion of the total water service charge which is levied in a proportional and adequate manner for the cost of operation, maintenance and replacement of the water system.
- WATER METER
- A water volume measuring and recording device furnished and installed by the City, the cost of which is billed back to the user.
- WINTER AVERAGE
- Average of January, February and March.
[R.O. 2006 §707.030; Ord. No. 01-019 §2, 3-19-2001; Ord. No. 11-017 §1, 6-20-2011]
The user charge system shall generate adequate annual revenues to pay the costs of annual operation and maintenance including replacement and cost associated with debt retirement of bonded capital associated with financing the water system which the City may by ordinance designate to be paid by the user charge system. That portion of the total user charge which is designated for operation and maintenance, including replacement of the water system, shall be established by this Chapter.
Water capacity charges shall be paid to the City by any person or entity desiring to connect, tap or gain access to the municipal water system. The water capacity charge for development outside the corporate limits of the City will be two (2) times the rate within the City. The charge amounts are established and periodically adjusted at the discretion of the Board. The current charges are available for viewing at the Planning and Development Department of the City.
[Ord. No. 11-017 §1, 6-20-2011]
(Reference is made to Appendix A which is on file in the City Clerk's office, incorporated as if fully set out herein.) Each user shall pay for the services provided by the City based on their use of the water system as determined by water meters acceptable to the City.
All monthly user charges will be based on monthly water usage. If requested by individual users an adjustment based on their winter averages may be permitted for the May to October billings due to irrigation usages.
The Board shall set all rates and fees for water service by resolution. These rates may be periodically adjusted at the discretion of the Board.