[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Somerset as indicated. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Temporary activities directly associated with site preparation, assembly, erection, repair, alteration, renovation, construction, or demolition of improvements, or other similar activities, including, but not limited to, moving heavy equipment, delivering materials, loading or unloading/operating equipment with audible "back-up" warning devices, or allowing engines to idle.
- Public holidays for federal employees as established by federal law 5 U.S.C. § 6103.
- LAWN MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES
- Any and all activities or tasks associated with the care or maintenance of a lawn, garden, flower bed, tree or other landscaping.
- POWER EQUIPMENT
- Motorized equipment such as a lawn mower, chainsaw, leaf blower or other similar equipment utilized to perform lawn maintenance activities.
Weekdays (non-holidays). No construction activities shall commence prior to 7:00 a.m. on weekdays, and all construction activities shall end no later than 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays. No construction activities shall commence prior to 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays, and all construction activities shall end no later than 7:00 p.m.
Sundays. Construction activities are prohibited on Sundays unless the activity is interior work that cannot be heard by neighbors.
Lawn maintenance activities that involve the use of power equipment are permitted on non-holiday weekdays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., with the sole exception that lawn maintenance work that involves the use of power equipment is also permitted on non-holiday weekdays between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. if only one piece of power equipment is used.
Lawn maintenance activities that involve the use of power equipment are permitted on weekends and holidays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
The above requirements shall not be construed to apply to the use of any snow removal equipment.
Violation of any provision of this chapter is a municipal infraction punishable by a fine of $100 for a first offense and by a fine of $500 for each repeat offense.