[Ord. No. 8-2014, 15, passed 11-24-2014]
Unless otherwise expressly stated, the following words shall, for the purpose of these regulations, have the meanings herein indicated:
Words in the singular include the plural; and those in the plural include the singular.
Words in the present tense include the future tense.
The word "shall" is always mandatory; the word "may" is permissive.
The word "person" or "subdivider" or "developer" or "owner" includes a firm, association, organization, partnership, trust, company or corporation as well as an individual.
[Ord. No. 8-2014, 15, passed 11-24-2014]
Unless otherwise expressly stated, the following words shall, for the purpose of these regulations, have the meanings herein indicated. Undefined terms or words used herein shall have their ordinarily accepted meanings or such meanings as the context of these regulations may imply.
- A landowner or developer, as hereinafter defined, who has filed an application for development, including his heirs, successors and assigns.
- BUILDING (SETBACK) LINE
- A line established by the City Zoning Code which defines the required minimum distance between any building and the adjacent public right-of-way.
- The portion of the street right-of-way, paved or unpaved, intended for vehicular use. The shoulder is not considered part of the cartway.
- The City of Lebanon, Pennsylvania.
- COMMON OPEN SPACE
- A parcel or parcels of land or an area of water or a combination of land and water within a development site, designed and intended for the use or enjoyment of residents of the development, not including streets, off-street parking areas and areas set aside for public facilities.
- The governing body of the City of Lebanon.
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania.
- Any landowner, agent of such landowner, or tenant with the permission of such landowner, who makes or causes to be made a subdivision of land or a land development.
- A right-of-way granted for limited use of land for public or quasi-public purpose.
- The City Engineer or his assistant.
- FINAL PLAN
- Also known as a "final plat," means a complete and exact subdivision or land development plan prepared for recording as required by statute, to define property rights, proposed streets and other improvements.
- Physical additions and changes to the land, necessary to produce usable and desirable lots.
- (1) The improvement of one lot or two or more contiguous lots, tracts or parcels of land for any purpose involving:
- A. A group of two or more residential or nonresidential buildings, whether proposed initially or cumulatively, or a single nonresidential building on a lot or lots regardless of the number of occupants or tenure; or
- B. The division or allocation of land or space, whether initially or cumulatively, between or among two or more existing or prospective occupants by means of, or for the purpose of, streets, common areas, leaseholds, condominiums, building groups or other features.
- (2) A subdivision of land.
- (3) Exclusions to this definition of "land development": when such development involves:
- A. The conversion of an existing single-family detached dwelling or single-family attached dwelling into not more than three residential units, unless such units are intended to be a condominium; or
- B. The addition of an accessory building, including farm buildings, on a lot or lots subordinate to an existing principal building; or
- C. The addition or conversion of buildings or rides within the confines of an enterprise which would be considered an amusement park. For purposes of this subsection, an "amusement park" is defined as a tract or area used principally as a location for permanent amusement structures or rides. This exclusion shall not apply to newly acquired acreage intended for use as an amusement park until initial plans for the expanded area have been approved by proper authorities.
- The legal or beneficial owner or owners of land, including the holder of an option or contract to purchase, a lessee if he is authorized under the lease to exercise the rights of the landowner, or any other person having a proprietary interest in land, shall be deemed to be a landowner for purpose of these regulations.
- Any tract or parcel of land, regardless of size, intended as a unit, whether or not for transfer of ownership, use, improvement or development.
- LOT AREA
- The area contained within the property line of a lot or the allocation of land, excluding space within any street right-of-way.
- MOBILE HOME
- A transportable, single-family dwelling, intended for permanent occupancy, which arrives at a site complete and ready for occupancy except for minor and incidental unpacking and assembly operations.
- MOBILE HOME PARK
- A parcel of land under single ownership which has been planned and improved for the placement of mobile homes for nontransient use, consisting of two or more mobile home lots.
- The City of Lebanon.
- PENNSYLVANIA MUNICIPALITIES PLANNING CODE
- Also known as "Act 247," which was adopted in 1968 and which enables municipalities to plan for and regulate community development with subdivision and land development ordinances, which contains guidelines for subdivision and land development ordinance content, and which is intended to include the current code and any future amendments thereto.
- PLANNED RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT
- An area of land, controlled by a landowner, to be developed as a single entity for a number of dwelling units, the development plan for which corresponds to a set of requirements set forth for such uses in a separate article of the City Zoning Code, these regulations or a special ordinance concerning planned residential developments.
- PLANNING COMMISSION
- The City of Lebanon Planning Commission.
- PLANNING DEPARTMENT
- The Lebanon County Planning Department.
- The map or plan of a subdivision or land development, whether preliminary or final.
- PRELIMINARY PLAN
- A tentative subdivision or land development plan showing proposed street and lot layout as a basis for consideration prior to preparation of a final plat.
- PRIVATE STREET
- A strip of private land providing access to abutting properties and not offered for dedication.
- RECORD DRAWINGS
- A set of prints of the original facilities showing those changes made during the construction process.
- REGISTERED ENGINEER
- An individual licensed and registered as a professional engineer by the State of Pennsylvania.
- REGISTERED SURVEYOR
- An individual licensed and registered as a professional land surveyor by the State of Pennsylvania.
- The total width of any land reserved or dedicated for use as street, alley or for any public purpose.
- SKETCH PLAN
- An informal plan indicating existing features of a tract and the surrounding area and outlining the general layout of a proposed subdivision or land development.
- A strip of land, including the entire right-of-way, intended for use as a means of vehicular and pedestrian circulation, and includes thoroughfare, avenue, boulevard, court, expressway, highway, road and alley.
- Any landowner, agent of such landowner or tenant with the permission of such landowner, who makes or causes to be made a subdivision of land or land development.
- The division or redivision of a lot, tract or parcel of land by any means into two or more lots, tracts or parcels, or other divisions of land, including changes in existing lot lines for the purpose, whether immediate or future, of lease, transfer of ownership or building or lot development; provided, however that the subdivision by lease of land for agricultural purposes into parcels of more than 10 acres, not involving any new street or easement of access or residential dwellings, shall be exempted.