No portion of this Part 1 shall preclude the State of Illinois or its officers or agents from enforcing the Illinois Snowmobile Registration and Safety Act under 625 ILCS 40/1-1 through 40/11-1, inclusive.
As used in this Part 1, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- The entire width between the boundary lines of every way publicly maintained when any part thereof is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel.
- INTOXICATING BEVERAGE
- Any beverage enumerated in the Liquor Control Act of the State of Illinois (235 ILCS 5/1-1 et seq.).
- NARCOTIC DRUG
- Any substance defined as a narcotic drug in the Illinois Controlled Substances Act (720 ILCS 570/11 et seq.).
- To ride in or on, other than as a passenger, use or control the operation of a snowmobile in any manner, whether or not the snowmobile is underway.
- Every person who operates or is in actual physical control of a snowmobile.
- A person, other than a lien holder, having title to a snowmobile. The term includes a person entitled to the use or possession of a snowmobile subject to an interest in another person, reserved or created by agreement and securing payment or performance of an obligation, but the term excludes a lessee under a lease not intended as security.
- PEACE OFFICER
- Any person authorized under the statutes of the State of Illinois to make an arrest for a violation of any statute or ordinance, whether it be a total arrest power of all statutes or a portion of any statute.
- The act of assigning a registration number to a snowmobile by state statute and by local ordinance.
- That portion of a highway improved, designed or ordinarily used for vehicular travel, exclusive of the berm or shoulder. In the event a highway includes two or more separate roadways, the term "roadway" as used in this Part 1 refers to any roadway separately, but not to all such roads collectively.
- A self-propelled device designed for travel on snow or ice or natural terrain, steered by skis or runners and supported in part by skis, belts or cleats.