[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Brookfield 10-5-2016. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Police Department — See Ch. 54.
The provisions of this article are adopted pursuant to the general municipal authority pursuant to General Statutes Chapter 98.
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Certified by the Chief of the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company, Inc. and the Chief of the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Department, Candlewood Company, Inc., as to members of their respective organizations, on or before the certification date, as eligible for a stipend under this article.
- A stipend in the amount of $1,500.
- BENEFIT YEAR
- The benefit year is the Town's fiscal year from July 1 through June 30.
- CERTIFICATION DATE
- Certification of eligible volunteers shall be completed on or before April 15 of the benefit year, commencing July 1, 2017, and each benefit year thereafter. The "year" used for the purpose of certified record keeping will be the twelve-month period beginning on January 1 and ending December 31, immediately preceding the April 15 certification date, which is the year used for the fire companies' service awards plans.
- Any person who volunteers his or her services to the Town of Brookfield:
Each volunteer, properly certified as eligible in accordance with this article, shall be entitled to a stipend of $1,500 for the fiscal year during which the volunteer was certified as eligible.
The respective Chiefs of the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company, Inc. and the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Department, Candlewood Company, Inc. shall, on or before the certification date:
Submit their original certifications of eligibility to the First Selectman of the Town of Brookfield; and
The Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company, Inc. and the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Department, Candlewood Company, Inc. shall determine the criteria for certification of eligibility for their respective members, which criteria shall not be less stringent than the criteria for attendance at emergency responses, training and drills for yearly credit toward the respective service awards plan for each company.