This chapter shall be known and cited as the "Larksville Borough Animal Control Law of 1982."
Words defined. As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Includes dogs, cats, domestic fowl, poultry, domesticated hares, rabbits, mink and members of the equine, bovine, ovine and porcupine species.
- DOMESTIC ANIMAL
- Includes every animal domesticated by man so as to live and breed in a tame condition.
- To adapt an animal to a life of intimate association with and to the advantage or pleasure of man.
- When applied to the proprietorship of an animal, shall include every person having a right of property in such animal and every person who keeps or harbors such animal or has it in his care and every person who permits such animal to remain on or about any premises occupied by him.
- Includes state and local officers or employees, individuals, corporations, copartnerships and associations.
- POLICE OFFICER
- Any person employed or elected by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or by any municipality, county or township, and whose duty it is to preserve peace, to make arrests or to enforce state and local health laws.
Word usage. Singular words shall include the plural. Masculine words shall include the feminine and neuter.