[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Larksville 3-15-2005 by Ord. No. 4-2005; amended in its entirety 7-19-2005 by Ord. No. 6-2005 (Ch. 76 of the 1987 Code). Subsequent amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meaning indicated, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
- Any enclosed device specifically designed for burning any material for the production of heat.
- All putrescible animal and vegetable matter resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking and consumption of food.
- GOVERNING BODY
- The Council of the Borough of Larksville.
- Any device specifically designed for the destruction by burning of refuse, sewage sludge or any other combustible material.
- OPEN FIRE
- A fire in which any material is burned in the open or in a receptacle other than a furnace or incinerator.
- Any individual, partnership, association, corporation, department, bureau, agency or other legal entity.
- Garbage, rubbish and trade waste.
- Solids not considered to be highly flammable or explosive, including, but not limited to, rags, old clothes, leather, rubber, carpets, wood, excelsior, paper, ashes, tree branches, tree leaves, yard trimmings, furniture, tin cans, glass, crockery, masonry and other similar materials.
- SALVAGE OPERATION
- Any business, trade or industry engaged in whole or in part in salvaging or reclaiming any product or material, including, but not limited to, metals, chemicals, shipping containers or drums.
- TRADE WASTE
- All solid or liquid material or rubbish resulting from construction, building operations or the prosecution of any business, trade or industry, including, but not limited to, plastic products, cartons, paint, grease, oil and other petroleum products, chemicals, cinders and other forms of solid or liquid waste materials, provided that "trade waste" shall not include any coal refuse associated with the mining or preparation of coal.
Within the Borough of Larksville limits, no person shall:
Ignite or feed an open fire for the destruction of refuse or in the conduct of a salvage operation in any public or private place outside any building.
Cause, suffer, allow or permit the maintenance of any open fire for the destruction of refuse or in the conduct of a salvage operation on any property under his control outside of any building.
The Larksville Borough Police Department or Code Enforcement Officer shall have the power to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
Any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $1,000 plus costs and, in default of payment of said fine and costs, to imprisonment for a term not to exceed 30 days.