[Ord. No. 861 § BH-1.1]
This chapter, and all ordinances supplementary hereto and amendatory hereof may be cited as the "Revised Health Code of the Borough of Haworth".
[Ord. No. 861 § BH-1.2]
The provisions of Chapter 1 of the "Revised General Ordinances of the Borough of Haworth in the County of Bergen", containing short title, definitions, construction and severability shall apply to all chapters adopted by the Board of Health. In addition to the definitions included in Chapter 1 of the "Revised General Ordinances of the Borough of Haworth in the County of Bergen", the following definitions shall apply in the interpretation and enforcement of this chapter:
- Shall mean any hoofed animals, including but not limited to horses, cows, sheep and goats, poultry, reptiles and small animals, as defined in this Code.
- Shall mean the Board of Health of the Borough of Haworth, New Jersey.
- Shall mean the Borough of Haworth, New Jersey.
- Shall mean the Revised Health Code of the Borough of Haworth, unless some other code is expressly indicated.
- Shall mean and include any article used for food or beverage for people or animals and every ingredient therein, including but not limited to all confectionery, condiments, flavorings and other components of any such article.
- LICENSE OR PERMIT
- Shall mean a duly authorized license or permit granted by the Board and issued in accordance with this chapter, the regulations of the Board or applicable state statutes or regulations.
- Shall mean one of the persons who shall constitute the Board of Health of the Borough of Haworth.
- Shall mean any condition which is dangerous to human life or health or which renders air, water, soil or any type of food hazardous or injurious to human life or health.
- Shall mean any person, association, partnership, trust, corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership or any one or more of them or any combination of them.
- PUBLIC PLACE
- Shall mean a place which is visited and is usually accessible to the neighboring public and in which the public has an interest as affecting the safety, health, morals and welfare of the community.
- RETAIL FOOD SERVICE ESTABLISHMENT
- Shall mean any restaurant; coffee shop, cafeteria; cafe; luncheonette; grill; tearoom; sandwich shop; soda fountain; tavern; bar; cocktail lounge; nightclub; industrial feeding establishment; private, public or nonprofit organization or institution serving food; catering kitchen; commissary; box lunch establishment; retail bakery; meat market; or similar place, permitted by the Code to be operated within the Borough of Haworth, in which food or drink is prepared for a retail eating or drinking establishment or operation where food is served, handled or provided for the public with or without charge, except that agricultural markets, covered dish suppers or similar types of civic, religious or social organization events, or non-profit-type institution meal services shall meet the special provisions of Chapter 12 of the New Jersey State Sanitary Code.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Shall mean those rules and regulations prescribing or directing action or forbearance which are required to be followed by this chapter.
- SMALL ANIMALS
- Shall mean and include cats, dogs, guinea pigs, rabbits, domestic rodents or any other small animal kept or raised as pets or for other noncommercial purposes; provided, however, that the term "small animals" shall not apply if they total in the aggregate more than three of the same species, except for dogs or cats under the age of six months or other small animals young enough to require the care of the mother animal.
- STATE DEPARTMENT
- Shall mean the New Jersey State Department of Health.
- STATE HEALTH CODE
- Shall mean the New Jersey State Sanitary Code, promulgated by the New Jersey State Department of Health, which has the force and effect of law and is enforceable by the State Department of Health, the local boards of health, local police authorities and other enforcement agencies.
[Ord. No. 861 § BH-1.3]
In case of conflict with any provision of the State Sanitary Code or any other applicable state or federal law or regulation, the more restrictive provision shall prevail. The higher standard shall be enforced in order to promote and protect the health and safety of the inhabitants of the Borough of Haworth.