[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of West Deptford 3-19-1981 by Ord. No. 81-3. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following words, whenever used in this chapter, shall, for the purpose of this chapter, have the following meanings:
- Any individual or group of individuals comprising any community of interest, firm, partnership, corporation, political subdivision or authority.
- POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE
- Any substance which is, in its production and/or disposal, regulated by any governmental agency for the purpose of protecting the health, safety or welfare of citizens from the actual or potential threat imposed by noncompliant production and/or disposal of such substances and shall specifically include chemical waste, sewage, septage or any other chemical or biological wastes.
- REGULATED VEHICLE
- Any vehicle duly authorized by the Board of Public Utilities or other regulating agency of the State of New Jersey.
- Movement from one location to another by use of a vehicle or container upon public streets or highways.
No person shall transport a potentially dangerous substance through the township unless transportation is made on a duly regulated vehicle which prominently displays a certificate of approval from an appropriate governmental agency.
No person shall dispose of, dump or place any potentially dangerous substance into any manhole, pipe, sewage line or any other receptacle, field, stream or lot situate within the township.
The only authorized disposal facility for sewage and septage within the Township of West Deptford shall be the Gloucester County Utilities Authority or its successor or any other agency authorized by law to accept such substances. Other potentially dangerous substances not authorized to be disposed of at the Gloucester County Utilities Authority shall be disposed of only with the agency authorized by law to dispose of such potentially dangerous substances.