[Added 4-10-1979 by Ord. No. 79:6]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Systems, structures and physical improvements for the movement of people, goods, water, air, sewage or power by such means as streets, highways, railways, waterways, towers, airways, pipes and conduits and the handling of people and goods by such means as terminals, stations, warehouses and other storage buildings or transshipment points.
- COMMON OPEN SPACE
- Any open space area within or related to a site designated as a development and designed and intended for the use or enjoyment of residents and owners of the development. Common open space may contain such complementary structures and improvements as are necessary and appropriate for the use or enjoyment of residents and owners of the development.
- DETENTION BASIN
- A man-made or natural depression below ground level designed to collect surface and subsurface water so that it might impede its flow and to gradually release the same at a rate not greater than that prior to the development of the property, into natural or man-made outlets (i.e., the storm sewer system or stream).
- The removal of surface water or groundwater from land by drains, grading or other means and includes control of runoff to minimize erosion and sedimentation during and after construction or development and means necessary for water supply preservation or prevention or alleviation of flooding.
- DRAINAGE RIGHT-OF-WAY
- Land designated for use for the installation of stormwater sewers or drainage ditches, or delineated along a natural stream or watercourse for the purpose of preserving the channel and providing for the flow of water therein, in accordance with N.J.S.A. 58:1-1 et seq.
- The detachment and movement of soil or rock fragments by water, wind, ice and gravity.
- FINAL SUBDIVISION or SITE PLAN PLAT
- A detailed and accurate map of a development that is submitted for final approval and record in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
- HISTORIC SITE
- Any building, structure, area or property that is significant in the history, architecture, archaeology or culture of this state, its communities or the nation and has been so designated pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.
- IMPROVEMENTS SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETE
- When all necessary public service facilities are in place and approved by the department having jurisdiction. Improvements shall include water, sanitary sewer or other systems as applicable, electric and telephone service, stormwater drainage facilities, including site grading; road improvements, including curbing, base course(s) and other site improvements necessary to the health and safety of site occupants or visitors to the site (customers, employees or others), as the case may be; open space, including submission of deed of dedication or establishment of owner association, as the case may be.
- MAINTENANCE GUARANTY
- Any security, other than cash, which may be accepted for the maintenance of any improvements as required by this chapter.
- NONCONFORMING LOT
- A lot, the area, dimension or location of which was lawful prior to the adoption, revision or amendment of a zoning ordinance, but which fails to conform to the requirements of the zoning district in which it is located by reason of such adoption, revision or amendment.
- NONCONFORMING STRUCTURE
- A structure, the size, dimension or location of which was lawful prior to the adoption, revision or amendment of a zoning ordinance, but which fails to conform to the requirements of the zoning district in which it is located by reasons of such adoption, revision or amendment.
- Located outside the lot lines of the lot in question but within the property (of which the lot is a part) which is the subject of a development application or contiguous portion of a street or right-of-way.
- Not located on the property which is the subject of a development application nor on a contiguous portion of a street or right-of-way.
- Located on the lot in question.
- Located on the property which is the subject of a development application or on a contiguous portion of a street or right-of-way.
- OPEN SPACE
- Any parcel or area of land or water essentially unimproved and set aside, dedicated, designated or reserved for public or private use or enjoyment or for the use and enjoyment of owners and occupants of land adjoining or neighboring such open space, provided that such areas may be improved with only those buildings, structures, streets and off-street parking and other improvements that are designed to be incidental to the natural openness of the land.
- PERFORMANCE GUARANTY
- Any security, including cash, to ensure completion of improvements required as part of a development application approval, provided that the Township shall not require more than 10% of the total performance guaranty in cash.
- PRELIMINARY FLOOR PLANS
- Architectural drawings prepared during early and introductory stages of the design of a project, illustrating in a schematic form its scope, scale and relationship to its site and immediate environs.
- PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION or SITE PLAN
- A reasonably accurate map, indicating the proposed layout of a development and related information, that is submitted for preliminary approval in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
- PUBLIC DRAINAGEWAY
- The land reserved or dedicated for the installation of stormwater sewers or drainage ditches or required along a natural stream or watercourse for preserving the channel and providing for the flow of water to safeguard the public against flood damage, sedimentation and erosion.
- PUBLIC OPEN SPACE
- An open space area conveyed or otherwise dedicated to a municipality, municipal agency, board of education, state or county agency or other public body for recreational or conservational uses.
- RECHARGE BASIN
- A detention basin designed not only to release water gradually into a natural or man-made outlet but also to percolate into the ground consistent with subsurface strata. Such basins are designed for sandy or gravel soil with little evidence of fines (soil that passes through a two-hundred-mesh sieve).
- RETENTION BASIN
- A man-made or natural body of water of a depth of not less than four feet, designed to contain water at all times, the level of which will be increased as a result of the flow into it of surface and subsurface water, collected therein and released gradually into natural or man-made outlets.
- The deposition of soil that has been transported from its site or origin by water, ice, wind, gravity or other natural means as a product of erosion.
- Any street, avenue, boulevard, road, parkway, viaduct, drive or other way which is an existing state, county or municipal roadway; or which is shown upon a plat heretofore approved pursuant to law; or which is approved by official action as provided by this chapter; or which is shown on a plat duly filed and recorded in the office of the county recording officer prior to the appointment of a Planning Board and the grant to such Board of the power to review plats; and includes the land between the street lines, whether improved or unimproved, and may comprise pavement, shoulders, gutters, curbs, sidewalks, parking areas and other areas within the street lines. The function of streets shall be differentiated one from the other as follows:
- A map drawn and prepared in accord with N.J.S.A. 45:8-28(e).
Word usage. As used in this chapter, the word "used" shall include "designed or intended to be used."
All plans and drawings submitted to the Township shall be drawn by a professional engineer or surveyor licensed in the State of New Jersey and shall contain his signature, seal and license number. The map shall be prepared on a scale of not more than 50 feet to the inch, and it shall be accurate to a precision of one in 20,000. It shall show all lot lines, distances, bearings and easements encumbering the same.
This requirement may be waived by the Township for minor subdivisions, provided that the application is accompanied by a survey prepared and dated within one year of the date of application.