[Adopted 9-27-1973 by Ord. No. 346 as § 3-2 of the 1973 Code]
For the purposes of this chapter, and in the interpretation and application of all other ordinances and resolutions heretofore or hereafter adopted, except as the context may otherwise require, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CLERK or BOROUGH CLERK
- The Municipal Clerk duly appointed pursuant to law or ordinance.
- The local legislative body of the Borough, constituted and elected pursuant to law.
- An organizational unit or group of organizational units of the municipal government, established or designated by or pursuant to the Administrative Code as a "department."
- GOVERNING BODY
- The Municipal Council as constituted by law.
- The Borough of Shrewsbury in the County of Monmouth, State of New Jersey, and any corporate successor thereof.
- Any act of local legislation heretofore or hereafter adopted so long as it remains in force and effect pursuant to law.
- Any corporation, firm, partnership, association, organization or other entity as well as an individual.