[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Middle 9-2-1993 as Ord. No. 870-93. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following terms are to be defined in the following manner in this chapter:
- A private passenger automobile of a private passenger or station wagon type that is owned or hired and is neither used as a public or livery conveyance for passengers nor rented to others with a driver; and a motor vehicle with a pickup body, or delivery sedan, a van or a panel truck or a camper-type vehicle used for recreational purposes owned by an individual or by husband and wife who are residents of the same household, not customarily used in the occupation, profession or business of the insured other than farming or ranching. An automobile owned by a farm family copartnership or corporation, which is principally garaged on a farm or ranch and otherwise meets the definitions contained in this section, shall be considered a private passenger automobile owned by two (2) or more relatives resident in the same household.
- The New Jersey Department of Insurance.
- INSIDE BUILDINGS
- A vehicle storage facility that is completely indoors, having one (1) or more openings in the walls for storage and removal of vehicles and that is secured by a locking devise on each opening.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- An occurrence in which a private passenger automobile comes in contact with any other object for which the private passenger automobile must be towed or removed for placement in a storage facility.
- OUTSIDE SECURED
- An automobile storage facility that is not indoors and is secured by a fence, wall or other man-made barrier that is at least six (6) feet high and is installed with a passive alarm system or a similar on-site security measure. The facility is to be lighted at night.
- STORAGE CHARGES PER TWENTY-FOUR-HOUR PERIOD
- The maximum allowable amount to be charged by a storage facility for a twenty-four-hour period or fraction thereof. A new twenty-four-hour period begins at 12:01 a.m.
For each twenty-four-hour period any private passenger automobile is stored by the Township of Middle as the result of an accident or theft recovery, the owner thereof shall pay to the township fees as follows: