Questions about eCode360? Municipal users Join us Monday through Wednesday between 12pm and 1pm EDT to get answers and other tips!
Town of Montville, CT
New London County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Montville 11-8-1976 by Ord. No. O-I-1 (Part 60 of the 1991 Compilation). Amendments noted where applicable.]
Except as provided in § 300-5, no person shall operate on any Town-owned property any motor vehicle, as defined in § 300-4, which is not duly registered.
No persons shall loiter on any Town-owned property.
Except as provided in § 300-5, no person who is not a duly licensed motor vehicle operator shall operate on any Town-owned property any motor vehicle, as defined in § 300-4, except during participation in a course of study of motor vehicle operation given under the authority of the Montville Board of Education.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
Any vehicle propelled or drawn by any power other than muscular but does not include construction equipment being operated on any project of the Town, electric battery-operated wheelchairs when operated by physically handicapped persons and self-propelled snowplows, snow blowers and lawn mowers.
All property owned by the Town of Montville or any agency thereof, including without limitation property owned or controlled by the Montville Board of Education but shall not include the paved portion of any Town-accepted public road whether or not owned by the Town.
Nothing in this chapter shall prevent the operation of any motor vehicle, as defined in § 300-4, on any Town-owned property during participation in any program on any such property authorized by the Town board having responsibility for the care and maintenance of such property and supervised by any Town board.
Any person violating any provision of this chapter shall be fined not more than $100.