This chapter is hereby adopted to provide for the removal and disposition of abandoned vehicles in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- ABANDONED MOTOR VEHICLE
- Any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer or part thereof that:
- A. Is inoperable and is left unattended on public property for more than 48 hours;
- B. Has remained illegally on public property for a period of more than 48 hours; or
- C. Has remained without consent on private property, including but not limited to any commercial parking place, motor vehicle storage facility or establishment for the service, repair, maintenance or sale of motor vehicles, whether or not such vehicle was brought onto or left at such property with or without the consent of the owner or person in control of the property, for more than 48 hours.
- Any person, firm or corporation whose business is to convert a motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer into processed scrap or scrap metal or otherwise to wreck or dismantle such vehicles.