[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Plainsboro: Art. I, 9-17-1977 as Ord. No. 0-77-14; Art. II, 7-16-1951. Sections 92-7A and 92-10 amended at time of adoption of Code; see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. I. Other amendments noted where applicable.]
Zoning — See Ch. 101.
[Adopted 9-12-1977 as Ord. No. 0-77-14]
For the purpose of this article, the terms used herein are defined as follows:
- CONSTRUCTION TRAILER
- Any wheeled or formerly wheeled vehicle designed for transport upon roads or highways under its own motive power or under motive power other than its own and used or intended to be used in connection with construction or development for the storage of materials, tools or equipment or for office purposes. The meaning of "construction trailer" shall be deemed not to include mobile homes, recreation vehicles or camping trailers.
- OFFICE TRAILER
- Any wheeled or formerly wheeled vehicle designed for transport upon roads or highways under its own motive power or under motive power other than its own and used or intended to be used in connection with the operation of a business, including all commercial uses permitted in the GB Business Zone, Section IX of the Zoning Ordinance. The meaning of "office trailer" shall be deemed not to include mobile homes, recreation vehicles or camping trailers.
- The entity, whether an individual, corporation or partnership, who has an ownership or possessory interest in the trailer, including any agent, servant or employee of such entity.
- A construction or office trailer as defined herein.
It shall be unlawful for any person to park or maintain a trailer in the Township of Plainsboro unless such person shall first obtain a permit therefor.
Said permit shall be obtained by application therefor in writing, addressed to the Construction Official, which application shall state:
Each such application shall be accompanied by a fee of $25, payable to the Township of Plainsboro.
Any permit issued hereunder shall be valid for a period of six months, but may be renewed for an additional six-month period upon payment of additional fees for such renewal. Permission for subsequent renewals must be obtained by receiving a use variance from the Plainsboro Township Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Anything in this article to the contrary notwithstanding, it shall be unlawful to park or maintain a construction trailer at any site upon expiration of a permit or after the expiration of 30 days from the issuance of a certificate of occupancy of completion of the building or project in respect of which said construction trailer was utilized.
Any person violating or failing to comply with any of the provisions of this article shall, upon conviction thereof, be punishable by a fine of not more than $500 or by imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or both. The continuation of such violation for each successive day shall constitute a separate offense, and the violation may be punished as provided above for each separate offense.
In his discretion, the Construction Official may remove the trailer. All costs incident thereto, including towing charges, storage charges and attorney fees, shall be the responsibility of the person so charged under this article.
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- TRAILER OR CAMP CAR
- Any vehicle used or intended to be used as a conveyance upon public streets or highways; including self-propelled and non-self-propelled vehicles so designed and constructed and reconstructed or added to by means of accessories in such manner as to permit the occupancy thereof as a temporary dwelling or sleeping place for one or more persons and having no foundation other than wheels, jacks or skirtings so arranged as to be integral with or portable by said trailer or camp car.
It shall be unlawful to use a trailer or camp car within the limits of the Township of Plainsboro as a dwelling or sleeping place for a longer period than 14 days.