City of Parsons, KS
Labette County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Commission of the City of Parsons as §§ 17-403, 17-404 and 17-405 of the 1963 Code (Ch. 21, Art. IV of the 1985 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
Streets and sidewalks — See Ch. 520.
No driveway or approach in the business or industrial sections of the City or any driveway in excess of 12 feet in width in any other section of the City shall be constructed without a permit issued by the City Engineer. No such permit shall be issued until plans and specifications for the work are submitted to the City Engineer and a fee of $25 is paid to the City.
Any person constructing a driveway or approach, including approaches to gasoline filling stations, garages, or other business structures, shall pay the expense of relocating sidewalks, curbing, repairing pavement, leveling parkways and other changes made necessary by such construction. The City Engineer, at the time of issuing the permit, shall designate the relocation and repairs to be made by the applicant for such permit.
All driveways or approaches constructed in residential districts of the City shall be paved from the curb to the property line, and no driveway or approach constructed in the City shall extend into the street beyond the curbline above the level of the street. No bridge or culvert of any kind shall be constructed or maintained over the curb and gutter.
All driveways or approaches, including approaches to gasoline filling stations, garages or other business structures, shall be kept in good repair by the owner of abutting property served thereby, and if the property owner shall fail to keep the same in good repair, the City shall have authority to repair or rebuild said driveways or approaches in the same manner as now provided by law for the repair and rebuilding of sidewalks. If the use of any such driveway or approach is discontinued, the owner, if directed in writing by the City Engineer, shall remove the driveway or approach and rebuild or replace the sidewalk and curb. If the owner shall fail to rebuild or replace any sidewalk or curb after 10 days' notice in writing from the City Engineer, the City shall proceed to rebuild or replace the same and charge the expense and cost thereof to the abutting property as provided by law for the repair of sidewalks.
Violation of this chapter shall constitute a Class C misdemeanor, punishable as provided in § 1-2 of this Code.
Editor's Note: Added at time of adoption of Code (see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. II).