[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Borough Council of the Borough of Gibbsboro 12-16-2002 by Ord. No. 2002-14. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CLEANUP AND REMOVAL COSTS
- All costs associated with a discharge, as defined herein, within the boundaries of the Borough of Gibbsboro, which shall include labor and material for the removal of hazardous substances or taking of reasonable measures to prevent or mitigate damages to the public health, safety or welfare of the residents of the Borough of Gibbsboro including real property, both private and public.
- Any intentional or unintentional act or omission resulting in the release, spill, leak, emission, dumping, or disposal of hazardous substances into the waters or lands within the Borough of Gibbsboro, or outside the Borough when damage may result to the waters or lands within the Borough.
- HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
- All elements and compounds, including petroleum products, as referred to the definition of "hazardous substances" in N.J.S.A. 58:10-23.11b as amended, except that sewage and sewage sludge shall be considered hazardous substances for the purpose of this chapter.
- Any individual, public or private corporation, companies, association, societies, firms, partnerships or joint-stock companies.
It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge hazardous substances as defined in this chapter within the Borough of Gibbsboro.
Any persons who shall be been found guilty of discharging substances as defined in this chapter within the Borough of Gibbsboro shall be subject to the penalties in Chapter 1, Article I, General Penalty, for each offense and shall be subject to restitution to the Borough of Gibbsboro for the reasonable cost of all cleanup and removal incurred by the Borough of Gibbsboro and its agents, servants or employees.