[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Borough Council of the Borough of Gibbsboro 3-18-1986 by Ord. No. 86-4 (Ch. 140 of the 1982 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following words and phrases shall be added and have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
- ALUMINUM CANS
- Includes aluminum cans of the type commonly used for soda and beer.
- All products made from silica or sand, soda ash and limestone, the product being transparent or translucent and being used for packaging or bottling of various matter and all other material commonly known as "glass," excluding, however, blue and flat glass and glass commonly known as "window glass."
- RECYCLING BUCKETS
- Those containers supplied by the Borough of Gibbsboro to the residents to be used for recycling purposes only.
- SCRAP METAL
- Includes, but shall not be limited to, metal appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, dryers, clothes washers, water heaters, etc.
- USED NEWSPAPER
- Includes paper of the type commonly referred to as newsprint and distributed at stated intervals, usually daily or weekly, having printed thereon news and opinions and containing advertisements and other matters of public interest.
- USED OIL
- A petroleum-based or synthetic oil which is used in an internal-combustion engine as an engine lubricant or as a product used for lubricating transmissions, gears or axles, which oil, through use, storage or handling, has become unsuitable for its original purpose due to the presence of chemical or physical impurities or loss of original properties.
There is hereby established a program for the mandatory separation of used newspaper, glass, aluminum cans and scrap within the Borough of Gibbsboro.
The occupant or owner of any building within the Borough of Gibbsboro, who shall place for disposal, removal or collection of the following-named items, shall do so in strict conformity with the following:
Used newspaper shall be bundled separately and secured in bundles not to exceed 50 pounds and shall not be contained in plastic bags.
Glass shall be contained in a reusable metal or plastic, occupant- , owner- or Borough-supplied container.
Aluminum cans shall be contained in reusable metal or plastic, occupant- , owner- or Borough-supplied container.
Scrap metal shall be placed neatly at the curbside and properly secured, if appropriate.
Used oil shall be delivered to a collection site approved by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
The placement of leaves for collection or disposal as solid waste is prohibited. Persons occupying residential premises within the Borough shall source-separate leaves from solid waste generated at those premises. Unless leaves are stored or recycled for composting or mulching by the generator, the leaves shall be placed for collection.
From the time of placement at the curb, by anyone, of the categories described herein for collection by the Borough of Gibbsboro in accordance with the terms hereof, items shall be and become the property of the Borough of Gibbsboro or its authorized agent. It shall be a violation of this chapter for any person unauthorized by the Borough of Gibbsboro to collect or pick up or cause to be collected or picked up any such items, including recycling buckets. Any and each such collection in violation hereof from one or more residents shall constitute a separate and distinct offense punishable as hereinafter provided.