[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of South Harrison Adopted 4-4-1952 by Ord. No. 0-2-52. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Land use and development — See Ch. 90.
[Amended 8-14-1984 by Ord. No. 0-6-84; 6-11-2014 by Ord. No. 0-14-10]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- The structural system beneath a manufactured home that is integral for the manufactured home's wheeled transportation.
- MANUFACTURED HOME
- Means a unit of housing which:
- A. Consists of one or more transportable sections which are substantially constructed off site and, if more than one section, are joined together on site; and
- B. Is built on a permanent chassis; and
- C. Is designed to be used, when connected to utilities, as a dwelling on a permanent or nonpermanent foundation; and
- D. Is manufactured in accordance with the standards promulgated for a manufactured home by the Secretary pursuant to the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974, PUB.L.93-383 (42 U.S.C. § 5401 et seq.), and the standards promulgated for a manufactured or mobile home by the Commissioner pursuant to the State Uniform Construction Code Act, P.L. 1975, c. 217 (N.J.S.A. 52:27D-119 et seq.); and
- E. Is no greater than 26 feet in width.
- MOBILE HOME PARK
- A parcel of land, or two or more parcels of land, containing no fewer than 10 sites equipped for the installation of manufactured homes under common ownership and control for the purposes of leasing each site to the owner of a manufactured home for the installation thereof, and where the owner or owners provide services, which are provided by the municipality in which the mobile home park is located for property owners outside the park, which services may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- A recreational vehicle, travel trailer, camper or other transportable temporary dwelling unit, with or without its own motor power, designed and constructed for travel and recreational purposes to be installed on a nonpermanent foundation if installation is required.
[Added 8-14-1984 by Ord. No. 0-6-84; amended 12-27-2000 by Ord. No. 0-00-04]
Following the effective date of this chapter, there shall not be permitted in the Township of South Harrison any additional mobile homes, manufactured homes or trailers, except that those presently existing and licensed at the time of the adoption of this chapter shall be continued as a nonconforming use.
It shall be unlawful for any person to park any trailer or camp car on any street or road in the Township of South Harrison or on any premises within the limits of the Township of South Harrison, except for the purpose of making repairs or storage, for any period longer than six hours, and except as provided in § 132-4 hereof.
[Amended 2-1-1963 by Ord. No. 0-1-63]
This chapter shall not apply to trailers which are now duly licensed by the Township of South Harrison at the time of the final adoption of this chapter. Any person who shall continue to use a trailer or camp car within the Township of South Harrison, as permitted herein, for temporary or permanent dwelling, by sleeping or residing therein, shall be required to secure a permit for such occupancy from the Municipal Clerk, by paying the required fee for the same. The fee for such permit shall be the sum of $12 a month, and the said permit shall be for the remainder of the month in which such permit is issued, so that renewals of such permits shall be on the first day of each month. Any person intending to remain or be in the Township and make use of said trailer or camp car shall always be in possession of a permit for the current month. Trailer permits may not be assigned, and the nonconforming use shall terminate upon failure to renew said license for a period of two month's permits and/or payment of the fee for the same. There shall not be permitted in the Township of South Harrison, in the County of Gloucester, and State of New Jersey, any additional trailers, except for those trailers presently existing and licensed at the time of the adoption of this chapter, which shall be permitted to continue such use as a nonconforming use, subject to the use being terminated upon failure to renew the said license, as provided for herein.
[Added 4-1-1981 by Ord. No. 0-1-81]
The monthly license (rental) fee per occupied lot shall be $22.
[Added 7-10-1984 by Ord. No. 0-5-84]
No regulation or requirement applicable to mobile homes or trailers shall apply to mobile homes or trailers which have a width of 22 feet or greater, unless such regulation or requirement shall be applicable to all housing within the South Harrison Township.
No person, except as provided in § 132-4 hereof, shall use any such trailer or camp car while parked within the limits of South Harrison Township as a dwelling or sleeping place, or while the same is undergoing repairs or in storage.
[Amended 2-1-1963 by Ord. No. 0-1-63]
No person shall engage in the business of conducting or operating a trailer camp or court within the Township of South Harrison, except as provided by the Trailer Code of New Jersey, 1956, as amended, adopted by the Township of South Harrison.
Editor's Note: Original Section 6, which immediately followed this section and dealt with the assessment of trailers installed on permanent foundations, was repealed 8-14-1984 by Ord. No. 0-6-84.
[Amended 8-9-2006 by Ord. No. 0-06-08]
Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be subject to the penalties provided by § 1-14 of this Code.