[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Eden 11-17-1999 by L.L. No. 2-1999. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Agricultural Advisory Committee — See Ch. 5.
Flood damage prevention — See Ch. 114.
Historic preservation — See Ch. 129.
Public improvement — See Ch. 158.
Stormwater management and erosion control — See Ch. 177.
Subdivision of land — See Ch. 184.
Wind energy conversion systems — See Ch. 217.
Zoning — See Ch. 225.
Properly located and maintained drainage facilities protect public and private property from damage caused by floods, freshets and high waters. The protection of public and private drainage facilities in the Town of Eden against dumping, filling, blockage or obstruction is hereby declared to be an important public purpose and is a valid exercise of the police power of the Town to enact laws protecting the health, safety and welfare of persons and property within the Town of Eden.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- GARBAGE, RUBBISH AND DEBRIS
- Includes all waste, refuse, or discarded substances or materials of a solid nature at the time of its disposal, whether organic or inorganic, and without regard to whether it is capable of fermentation or decay; including, but not limited to, waste food or vegetable matter, dead animals or parts thereof, discarded trees and tree parts, wood and lumber, yard or landscaping clippings or debris, metal, plastic, ashes, cinders, glass, construction materials or demolition debris and other substances or materials of a similar nature or character.
- DRAINAGE FACILITY
- Includes all drains, culverts, ditches, sluices, streams, waterways, watercourses and other channels, whether natural or manmade in origin, for the passage and direction of surface runoff or stormwater.
- SIGNIFICANT DRAINAGE FACILITY
- Includes but is not limited to:
- A. Streams, creeks and tributaries as delineated on the map of the Town of Eden as prepared by Intelegis, Inc.
- B. Any Town, county or state highway ditch.
- C. Any and all drainage easements as shown on filed subdivision maps.
- D. Any other additional drainage facility designated a "significant drainage facility" by resolution of the Eden Town Board.
No person shall throw, dump, empty or deposit or permit the throwing, dumping, emptying, depositing or accumulation of any garbage, rubbish or debris originating from any source, in or about any drainage facility designated as a significant drainage facility in the Town of Eden.
No person shall fill, block or obstruct or cause to be filled, blocked or obstructed, in any manner or to any extent, any drainage facility designated as a significant drainage facility in the Town of Eden.
The Eden Building Inspector and/or any Eden police officer are hereby authorized to issue appearance tickets in connection with violations of this chapter.
Any person violating any provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a violation and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punishable by a fine not exceeding $250 for each offense or by imprisonment for not more than 15 days, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
This chapter is adopted pursuant to § 10 of the Municipal Home Rule Law.