Unless otherwise expressly stated, the following words shall for the purpose of this chapter have the meaning herein indicated:
- American Society of Sanitary Engineering.[Added 12-10-2001 by Ord. No. 512]
- The American Water Works Association.[Added 12-10-2001 by Ord. No. 512]
- A flow condition, induced by a differential in pressure,
that causes the flow of water into the distribution system of a potable
water system from any source or sources other than its intended source.[Amended 4-8-1996 by Ord. No. 475]
- BACKFLOW PREVENTOR
- A mechanical device installed in water service lines immediately
after the water meter. The purpose of this device is to prevent backflow
conditions.[Amended 4-8-1996 by Ord. No. 475]
- The Borough of Denver, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.[Added 12-11-2006 by Ord. No. 564]
- Any person, as hereinafter defined, contracting for a supply of water to a premises from the water system.
- The Department of Environmental Protection of the Commonwealth
of Pennsylvania or any agency successor thereto.[Added 12-10-2001 by Ord. No. 512]
- Includes any person or persons, firm or firms, corporation or corporations.
- A. A building under one roof owned or leased by one person and (a) occupied as a residence or (b) containing a number of apartments, offices or lofts which are rented to tenants, or (c) used for business or commercial purposes;
- B. A group or combination of buildings owned or leased by one person, occupied by one family, or one corporation or firm as a place of business, or for manufacturing or industrial purposes, or as school, town hall or other public institution;
- C. One side of a double house, having a solid partition wall;
- D. A single lot, park or playground; or
- E. Each house in a row of houses.
- PRIVATE SYSTEM
- The water system wholly within the dwelling or dwellings, or building of a consumer.
- REMOTE READERS
- Totalizing device wired to the water meter and mounted on
the outside of a dwelling unit or building.[Amended 4-8-1996 by Ord. No. 475]
- WATER RATES
- The fixed charges which are imposed and collected by the Borough merely as compensation for the supplying of water to the consumer and the use thereof by the consumer or his tenants.
- WATER SYSTEM
- The water system owned and operated by the Borough and all
parts of this system, except private systems.[Amended 4-8-1996 by Ord. No. 475; 12-11-2006 by Ord. No. 564]
Editor's Note: Former definition of "Denver Borough Authority or Denver Borough Authority of Lancaster County," which immediately followed this definition, was repealed 12-11-2006 by Ord. No. 564.