[HISTORY: Adopted by the Commissioners (now Town Council) of the Town of Denton 3-6-1995 by Ord. No. 331. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Infractions — See Ch. 20.
In general. In this chapter the following words have the meaning indicated:
- ALARM SIGNAL; SIGNALS
- The activation of a alarm system that requests a response by a Fire Department.
- ALARM SYSTEM
- A fire alarm system.
- (1) Any request for immediate assistance by a Fire Department regardless of cause that is not in response to an actual emergency situation or threatened suggested criminal activity.
- (4) Second alarm in twelve-hour period.
- (a) An alarm system that is activated a second time within a twelve-hour period when the premises are unoccupied shall be deemed one false alarm if:
- (b) Failure to comply with this subsection shall result in each subsequent alarm being counted as a false alarm.
- FIRE DEPARTMENT
- The Denton Volunteer Fire Company, Inc., its successors in interest and any other Fire Department serving the Town of Denton.
Except for alarm systems activated by acts of God, weather conditions or causes beyond the control of the alarm user, an alarm system that is negligently or accidentally activated as the result of faulty, malfunctioning or improperly installed or maintained equipment shall be subject to the provisions of § 31-3.
If the number of false alarms for an alarm user to which the Fire Department actually responds exceeds three or more responses within a twelve-month period, the Town shall issue a civil citation to the alarm user, to include a fine as set forth below in Subsection B.
The reoccurrence of false alarms as defined hereunder shall be a municipal infraction, the fine for which shall be as follows: