[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Hammondsport 8-14-2007 by L.L. No. 2-2007. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Bicycles — See Ch. 38.
Editor's Note: This local law was originally specified to be added as Ch. 39, but was renumbered to maintain the alphabetical organization of the Code.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Covered open-air structures in Champlin Beach and Village Square.
- ROLLER BLADES
- Shoes, skates or footwear with wheels.
- A narrow board of wood, plastic, fiberglass or similar material with roller-skate or other type of wheels attached to each end and used for gliding or moving on any hard surfaces.
- VILLAGE SQUARE WALKWAYS
- Pedestrian walk areas in the planned commercial and planned business districts.
- DESIGNATED VILLAGE STREETS
- Water Street, William Street, Pulteney Street from Main Street to William Street, Park Place, Main Street from Lake Street to Pulteney Street, Shethar Street from Main Street to Water Street, Mechanic Street from Lake Street to Pulteney Street, and all municipal parking lots.
It shall be unlawful to operate aforedefined skateboards or rollerblades in any manner upon designated public streets, highways, pavilions, and Village Square walkways of the Village of Hammondsport.
A first violation of this chapter shall be punishable by a warning; any second or further violation shall be punishable by a fine of $500 per violation. In addition thereto, if the violator fails to appear or pay the fine as prescribed, his or her skateboard or rollerblades will be impounded by the Village police until he or she is in proper compliance.