This chapter will be known as the "Town of Parma Environmental Quality Review Law."
The purpose of this chapter is to implement, for the Town of Parma, the provisions of the State Environmental Quality Review Act and the State Environmental Quality Review Regulations, thereby incorporating environmental factors into existing planning and decision-making processes and providing additional protection for the environmental features that are specific and characteristic of the Town of Parma.
This chapter is adopted under authority of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the State Environmental Quality Review Act, and the State Environmental Quality Review Regulations.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Environmental assessment form.
- Environmental impact statement.
- STATE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY REVIEW ACT (SEQR)
- Article 8 of the Environmental Conservation Law, which is Chapter 43-B of the Consolidated Laws of the State of New York.
- STATE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY REVIEW REGULATIONS (PART 617)
- Part 617 of Title 6 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York.
All other terms for which definitions are given in SEQR and/or Part 617 have the same meanings in this chapter.
All agencies, boards, departments, offices, other bodies, or officers in the Town of Parma must comply with SEQR, Part 617, and this chapter, to the extent applicable, prior to carrying out, approving or funding any action, other than an exempt, excluded or Type II action.