[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Delhi as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Article I General Restrictions
[Adopted 1-22-1962 by Ord. No. 32 (Ch. 28, Art. I, of the 1979 Code); amended in its entirety 12-21-2015 by L.L. No. 2-2015]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CAMPING UNIT
- Tent, travel trailer, or tent trailer.
- EXISTING PARKS
- Are designated as follows:
- A. Sheldon Park: at the terminus of Sheldon Drive with access therefrom.
- B. Reservoir Park: on Franklin Street, between Franklin Street and Steele's Brook, with access from Franklin Street.
- C. Cannon Memorial Park Area: at the northeast corner of Franklin Street and Main Street.
- D. Bridgeside Park: adjacent to the west side of the Kingston Street Bridge, running westward between State Route 28 and the west branch of the Delaware River.
- E. Triangle Park Area: at the junction of lower Main Street and Elm Street.
- F. Hoyt Park, Clark Basketball Court: located to the east of the Kingston Street Bridge, between the Village of Delhi parking lot and the west branch of the Delaware River.
- PARKS or PARK AREAS
- All parcels so designated which are now or may subsequently become the property of the Village of Delhi.
- UNIT GROUP
- Family reunion, lodge, fraternity or similar organizations.
No person or persons shall injure, destroy, mar or deface any of the trees, shrubs, plants, building fixtures, recreational equipment, signage, furniture or appurtenances within the parks or park areas belonging to the Village of Delhi.
No person or persons shall enter into or upon such parks or park areas except from dawn until dusk without permission and/or a permit. The exceptions to this subsection are Cannon Memorial Park on the corner of Franklin and Main Streets and Triangle Park on the corner of Main and Elm Streets, which shall be open at all times. In addition, park areas shall be open and accessible when and where lit (i.e., basketball court and ice skating rink).
No person or persons shall commit any disorderly or indecent act nor use profane or obscene language within or upon these parks or park areas.
There shall be no recreational vehicles allowed to operate in any Village park without the express written permission of the Board of Trustees. A recreational vehicle shall include vehicles such as snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles or dirt bikes.
No person shall engage in conduct contrary to posted park rules.
No person or persons shall camp overnight within the confines of the park areas designated as Reservoir Park and Sheldon Park without first registering with the Village Clerk and obtaining a permit therefor. The Board of Trustees shall set the maximum number of camping units, length of time and policy for each individual park. Overnight camping shall be prohibited within Cannon Memorial Park Area, Bridgeside Park and Triangle Park Area.
Unit groups consisting of 15 or more adults desiring to use the facilities of the above said parks shall register with the Village Clerk and obtain a permit therefor. The Board of Trustees may amend the permit fee from time to time by resolution.
Permit holders shall be responsible for the sanitary policing of their areas and shall be required to extinguish all fires before leaving.
No person or persons shall at any time enter Sheldon Park or Reservoir Park after hours without the prior permission of the Board of Trustees or of such person or persons authorized by the Board of Trustees to grant this permission.
Any person who violates the provisions of this article shall be guilty of a violation and, upon conviction thereof, shall be subject to a fine of not more than $250 or imprisonment for a period not to exceed 15 days, or both.
The following regulations and restrictions shall govern the use of all Village of Delhi Parks:
The Board of Trustees, by a majority vote, shall have the right to waive any rule or regulation set forth herein where it is deemed reasonable or necessary to do so.