[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Township of Whitehall 10-11-1977 by Ord. No. 1252. Amendments noted where applicable.]
In accordance with the Library Code of June 14, 1961, P.L. 324, 24 P.S. § 4101 et seq., there is hereby established a local library for the territorial jurisdiction of Whitehall Township which shall be known as the "Whitehall Township Public Library."
Editor's Note: The library was established as the Whitehall Township Free Library by Ord. No. 725, 7-5-1963, amended to the Whitehall Township Public Library, by Ord. No. 756, 12-13-1964. The cooperative Whitehall Township-Whitehall Coplay School District venture was voided by a 1971 agreement, whereby the latter assumed control of the library and the former, control of Township recreation.