[HISTORY: Derived from Secs. 21-5 and 21-7 of the 2002 Revised General Ordinances, adopted by the Township Council of the Township of Clark 12-16-2002 by Ord. No. 02-27. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- PUBLIC HEALTH NUISANCE CODE OF NEW JERSEY (1953)
- That certain code approved by the State Department of Health and Senior Services on September 16, 1953, for adoption by reference by local boards of health in accordance with law, being a code:
- (1) Defining and prohibiting certain matters, things, conditions or acts, and each of them as a nuisance.
- (2) Prohibiting certain noises or sounds.
- (3) Requiring proper heating of apartments.
- (4) Prohibiting lease or rental of certain buildings.
- (5) Prohibiting spitting in or upon public buildings, conveyances or sidewalks.
- (6) Authorizing the inspection of premises by an enforcing official.
- (7) Providing for the removal or abatement of certain nuisances and recovery of expenses incurred by the Township in removing or abating such nuisances.
Whenever the following words, terms or phrases are used in the Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953), they shall have the following meanings herein given:
- BOARD OF HEALTH
- The Bureau of Health in the Department of Administration and Health of the Township.
- ENFORCING OFFICIAL
- The Health Officer, who is the head of the Bureau of Health in the Department of Administration and Health, or anyone designated by him/her to enforce the provisions of this chapter or any part thereof.
Adoption. There is hereby established and adopted as the Public Health Nuisance Code of the Township the whole of the Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953), which is incorporated herein by reference and made a part thereof as fully as though it had been set forth at length.
Public record. In accordance with law, three copies of the Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953) have been placed on file in the offices of the Bureau of Health in the Department of Administration and Health and of the Township and shall remain on file in such offices for the use and examination of the public so long as this chapter shall remain in effect.
[Added 9-16-2013 by Ord. No. 13-12]
Sections 2.1(a) and 2.1(b) are repealed in their entirety.
Section 2.1(c) through Section 2.1(f), are restated and shall remain in full force and effect.
Section 2.1(g) is amended and supplemented to read as follows: "The existence of any water or other liquid in which mosquito eggs, larvae or pupae exist or of any condition which allows water to lie, pond, stand or otherwise accumulate so as to provide a breeding environment for mosquitoes. The meaning of this section shall not apply to ponds where fish are adequately maintained so as to preclude the breeding of mosquitoes. This section shall not apply to fountains or swimming pools which maintain adequate circulation to preclude the breeding of mosquitoes.
Section 2.1(h) through Section 2.1(i) are restated and shall remain in full force and effect.
Section III entitled "Proper Heating of Apartments," Section IV entitled "Prohibition of Certain Noises and Sounds," Section V entitled Prohibited Lease or Rental of Certain Buildings," and Section VI entitled "Spitting Prohibited" are repealed in their entirety.
Section VII entitled "Inspection of Premises," Section VIII entitled "Abatement of Nuisances," Section IX entitled "Recovery of Costs by Board of Health" and Section X are restated and shall remain in full force and effect.