Town of Bedford, NH
Hillsborough County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
[Adopted 3-8-1983 by Art. 3]
Emergency requirements to excavate in or close Town highways shall be done by emergency permit issued by the Public Works Director or his representative.
If such an emergency exists, the Police Department, Fire Department, and Highway Department, as a minimum, shall be notified immediately by telephone. At the earliest opportunity available, a representative of the permittee shall obtain an emergency permit form. During the next business day, a regular permit form shall be applied for at the office of the Public Works Director.
The Public Works Director reserves the right to waive any of the provisions of this regulation in case of emergency, and to impose such conditions as he may require as part of an emergency permit.