[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Supervisors of the Township of Easttown 10-3-1994 by Ord. No. 275-94. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Streets and sidewalks — See Ch. 395.
The following words and phrases shall have the meanings as set forth hereinafter when used in this chapter:
- Includes any vehicle, or portion thereof, parked, stalled, incapable of moving under its own power or left unattended, resting upon or protruding over any portion of a public roadway.
- A natural person, firm, copartnership, association, corporation or similar entity.
- PUBLIC ROADWAY
- Each publicly maintained street, highway, lane or way open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel.
- Snow, ice, sleet or other form of frozen precipitation.
- SNOW EMERGENCY
- A condition which, because of the accumulation of snow, ice, freezing rain or similar condition, in the opinion of the Township Manager or designee, creates a hazard or danger to vehicular and/or pedestrian travel and is declared as such by the Manager or designee or is so defined in this chapter or the regulations adopted pursuant thereto.
- Every device in, upon or by which any person or property may be transported or drawn upon a highway, which device must be licensed for such use by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or other governmental jurisdiction.
For purposes of the implementation of parking regulations, a snow emergency shall be deemed to exist, whether or not declared by the Township Manager or designee, at such time as the depth of snow shall accumulate to the depth of two inches on public roadways within the Township.
Once a snow emergency has been declared or otherwise arises pursuant to the terms of this chapter, such emergency shall be deemed to continue until such time as the Township Manager or designee shall declare that such emergency has been terminated.
Any vehicle parked, stalled, left unattended or otherwise unable to be moved under its own power upon any public roadway within the Township during a snow emergency shall be deemed to be in violation of the provisions of this chapter and any regulations adopted hereunder.
No person shall deposit in any manner any snow upon any public roadways within the Township during a snow emergency.
During the continuance of a snow emergency, the person owning, occupying or otherwise responsible for the property abutting such sidewalk shall maintain such sidewalk in accordance with this chapter and any rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto.
The Supervisors of Easttown Township shall have the power to adopt, amend and revise rules and regulations to implement the purposes of this chapter.
[Amended 10-7-1996 by Ord. No. 293-96]
Any person who violates or permits a violation of this chapter shall, upon conviction in a summary proceeding brought before a Magisterial District Judge under the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure, be guilty of a summary offense and shall be punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000, plus costs of prosecution, including reasonable attorneys' fees. In default of payment thereof, the defendant may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 90 days. Each day or portion thereof that such violation continues or is permitted to continue shall constitute a separate offense, and each section of this chapter that is violated shall also constitute a separate offense.