[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Moosic 6-12-2012 by Ord. No. 9-2012. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- The Borough of Moosic.
- To spend one or several nights outdoors in a tent, primitive structure, cabin, recreational vehicle or no shelter at all.
- COMMERCIAL CAMPING
- Any camping in which any type of fee or remuneration is paid to the person who is the owner, lessor, lessee or any agent of the owner of the property where camping is to occur.
- Any individual, partnership, association, firm or corporation.
- RECREATIONAL VEHICLE
- A vehicle which is:[Amended 11-10-2020 by Ord. No. 15-2020]
- A. Built on a single chassis.
- B. Not more than 400 square feet measured at the largest horizontal projections.
- C. Designed to be self-propelled or towable by a light truck.
- D. Not designed for use as a permanent dwelling, but as temporary living quarters for recreational camping, travel, or seasonal use.
Any person seeking to provide commercial camping within the Borough shall first obtain a permit from the Borough.
Any person applying for a permit shall provide to the Borough the following:
A site diagram depicting in detail all campsites.
The location of all utilities servicing each campsite.
A diagram describing all roadways into and out of the area where commercial camping is allowed.
Details on when garbage will be collected, providing for at least twice-a-week pickup of garbage.
A yearly permit fee is hereby imposed as follows:
All commercial camping within the Borough shall be subject to the following requirements:
All commercial camping shall only occur in areas properly zoned for such.
All commercial camping areas allowing recreational vehicles shall provide adequate means for disposal of human waste from said vehicles.
All persons providing commercial camping shall maintain their property in a clean manner and comply with all Borough ordinances.
Any commercial campsite shall provide for permanent restrooms which will be available to the individuals using the campsite on a twenty-four-hour-a-day basis.
Each campsite shall be a minimum of 200 square feet.
All persons providing commercial camping shall be subject to a yearly inspection by the Borough's Code Enforcement Officer.
All persons providing commercial camping shall pay a yearly inspection fee of $50.
The Borough's Code Enforcement Officer shall inspect said commercial camping area to determine if it complies with this chapter and all other Borough ordinances.
Any person violating any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof in a summary proceeding, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $600 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 30 days. Each day any sale is conducted in violation of this chapter shall be a separate violation of this chapter. The right to appeal from such conviction shall exist as in other cases of summary proceedings.